Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Don in Sunee

Liked

Don in Sunee

Anybody been there recently? A brief report would be appreciated - will be in Pattaya in September for a few nights.

Any other recommendarions. I prefer a bigger place where you can come/go with a boy or two or three - easily. The scene changes so often and I haven't been for a couple years.

What bars are hot at the moment. All info is appreciated and I will report back. Thanks. :cheers: [/b]

Liked

Re: Don in Sunee

Quote Originally Posted by joba
    Anybody been there recently? A brief report would be appreciated - will be in Pattaya in September for a few nights.

Any other recommendarions. I prefer a bigger place where you can come/go with a boy or two or three - easily. The scene changes so often and I haven't been for a couple years.

What bars are hot at the moment. All info is appreciated and I will report back. Thanks. :cheers: [/b]
    I suggest you stay at The Bondi Hotel and Bar in Jomtien Complex. Eat at O'Briens restaurant in Day and Night and snack on Niddy Nooks' Burgers between meals. Later go to the hottest bar ''Birdcage also in Day and Night.

Or you could just check the internet or do a search here.
    Being gay can be such a pain in the ass

Re: Don in Sunee

Quote Originally Posted by joba
    Read this week's Stickman column - he mentions gay Pattaya and describes it (along with Pattaya generally) as a ghost town

Liked
    The Don Plaza is still going. It is now possible, if you are sufficiently tenacious, to secure a slight discount on their room rates (the rack rates being far too high imo). The rooms are very spacious and the large window between the bedroom and bathroom is something you either love or loathe, i fall into the latter category as there is no curtain should modesty (usually of the boy) so desire. The rooms are reasonably well appointed with sofas and dvd players - some have plasma tv - all with cable. However the biggest downside is the bloody stairs- quite simply treacherous if you have had a few! No problem with multiple guests- the bar is also rather nice with some of the best bar stools in Thailand that i have placed my plump arse upon.

I have heard the Don also takes only cash. A couple have tried to checkout with credit cards but were made to go and get the cash. A nice place but definately in the wrong location. I'm for tearing it down and restoring the outdoor bar that was once there.

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    luvthai must be out of his mind to want the return of the sleaziest of the
    boychildlover bars to return. It was the center of Pedophilia and it is a blessing that it
    is history.
    "Kindergartens" do not belong in adult entertainment areas.
    Dom Plaza gentrified and vastly improved Sunee Plaza and will do more if the
    swimming pool ever gets going again under their ownership.
    Nothing personal luvthai, but just the thought of that hellhole and its depraved
    denizens pisses me off.
    Old Sunee is gone and with it the worst of the scum, in my humble opinion of course.. :cat:

Quote Originally Posted by catawampuscat
    Dom Plaza gentrified and vastly improved Sunee Plaza
    You obviously have an interesting concept of gentrification.

puckered_penguin wrote :

and snack on Niddy Nooks' Burgers between meals
    The Nook changes from time to time . :flower: "Niddy's Burger" was a popular snack item for quite some time ... Although there's was poetry on Sawatdee Gay Thailand Forum ! :clown:

I said only the outside bar not the Amigo (Lions DEn) that was located in side. The outdoor bar was very popular as it offered a fantastic street view.

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    Don belongs on Beach Road as far as I'm concerned.

Sunee has always offered a very unique open-aired street ambience with a Greenwich Village feel about it, only with the obvious side-attractions. Don Plaza just sits there like a bulky painted glass showcase which doesn't fit the scene, nor does it add to any of the attractions that most of us come there for to begin with. Regardless if the rooms are nice or not, it doesn't mesh with the tapestry.

The same people who applaud these types of renovations and changes, are (irronically) the same people who used to complain about things like; the danger of baby elephants being chaperoned arund the sois...or the nucance of Monty's Pool...and I even recall someone complianing once about the hills tribe women walking around at night selling their wares. Well, the elephants are gone...the Pool is closed, and the hills tribe women are all but gone as well. But there, right smack dab in the center of Sunee Plaza, stands the majestic Don Plaza, with it's mammouth painted wall and shiney glass windows for all to appreciate.

All I can say is I'd take the elephants over this crap any day.