Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lumphini Park

Lumphini Park

It seems that the cruising in lumphini park in bangkok is not what it used to be based on visits over a 10 yr period. Each holi8day, i visited lumphini at least twice
    1st visit: full of gays at every corner , not very discreet
    2nd visit: some gays , cuising alot mor ediscreet and less obvious
    3rd visit: lots of aerobics o music, community activities, very ungay, family orientated

Maybe it's changed again?

Re: Lumphini Park

Quote Originally Posted by teachertravel
    It seems that the cruising in lumphini park in bangkok is not what it used to be based on visits over a 10 yr period. Each holi8day, i visited lumphini at least twice
    1st visit: full of gays at every corner , not very discreet
    2nd visit: some gays , cuising alot mor ediscreet and less obvious
    3rd visit: lots of aerobics o music, community activities, very ungay, family orientated

Maybe it's changed again?
    No. It is still the same as on your third visit. Which for us residents of Bangkok is just how it should be. Thankfully added security guards in the last twelve months has diminished even further the nefarious activities of cruising farangs, many whom bore an uncanny reptillian resemblance to some of the inhabitants of Lumpini Park's lakes.

It was built as a leisure and recreational area for the residents of Bangkok and not as a pick-up joint for sex tourists.

Liked

I am not quite so judgemental and rightious,

So, if your looking for a pick-up joint/park go over to the park next to Wat Po late at night. Dig up a report by Gaythailand some time ago that detailed all the particulars.
    E Dok Tong

Re: Lumphini Park

Quote Originally Posted by Naughty But Nice
    It was built as a leisure and recreational area for the residents of Bangkok and not as a pick-up joint for sex tourists.
    A somewhat jaundiced view - it has lots of Thais picking up other Thais; the number of Westerners - tourists or otherwise - is miniscule by comparison

Liked
    What about the open air gym? That was great for admirers of muscle bodies and a chat with those who were bar boys.

lumphini

I find it interesting that farangs (ie naughty but nice) who see cruising in public places and possibly sex tourism as 'bad' choose to reside in Bangkok. Surely there are other cities in the world that have security guards that are more passionate about preventing cruising in public places. This reminds me of Edith Clampton.

Re: lumphini

Quote Originally Posted by teachertravel
    I find it interesting that farangs (ie naughty but nice) who see cruising in public places and possibly sex tourism as 'bad' choose to reside in Bangkok. Surely there are other cities in the world that have security guards that are more passionate about preventing cruising in public places. This reminds me of Edith Clampton.
    As I said in another thread.

'I was born in Thailand and apart from a few years in the UK as a child I have lived in Thailand ever since. I have dual Thai/British nationality and have been in Bangkok since the 70's.

What keeps me here rather than brings me here is that I have a business and home in Bangkok, friends, a great social and personal life and no need or desire to crawl around the bars and clubs seeking out company'.

My only argument with sex tourists, (or at least many of the ones that post here), is that they only see Thailand as a sex tourism destination and are blinkered to anything else and so fail to see the real Thailand.

As for Lumpini Park it has been cleaned up a lot in recent years by the added security which was brought about in no small measure because of cruising farangs annoying locals and some making unwelcome approaches to children. Following a number of arrests of farangs in the park 3 years ago there were discussions about installing CCTV within the park boundaries but this was put on hold in favour of extra security staff patrolling the park which does appear to have cut down the cruisers considerably.

Liked
    cruising farangs annoying locals and some making unwelcome approaches to children
    Children? The poster teachertravel did not say anything about molesting children and does not deserve a moral lecture from anyone on this board.

Funny, it's always some guy who tells everyone how nice he is and making the most noise about morals that gets caught with his hands in the naughty red handed.
    E Dok Tong

Liked: 1
    Naughty But Nice has the right to his opinion but I think he is living in a dream world. He has been in Thailand since 1972 and doesn't seem to come to grips with what Thailand is all about or at least what is being said and promoted outside Thailand

It always was and still is a major if not the biggest sex tourist destination in the world. Just as everyone knows that France has its fine wines, Italy had its wonderful food and culture, And New Zealand has its sheep shaggers ( sorry Aunty) Thailand has its sex workers and they are everywhere.

I think it would be easier to get a fuck at 3' o clock in the morning in Thailand than a bottle of wine in France.
    Don't try to hold in farts - they travel up your spine and into your brain and that is where shitty ideas come from.

Forum's veteran
    Mount Calvary Baptist Church of the Redeemer
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by allieb
    , And New Zealand has its sheep shaggers ( sorry Aunty)
    New Zealand doesn't have 'sheep shaggers', sorry sweety. If you want to see a lot of sheep you should go to Australia, they have more than we do. Stereotypes about countries make those who utter them look lazy and uneducated. Thailand is not about sex tourism, and I entirely agree with Naughty but Nice. It is up to the Thai to set their own rules for public morality and to expect that their public facilities will be used for their intended purpose - not by a bunch of sleazy foreigners set on making a public nuisance of themselves, who, in most instances, would be arrested on the spot if they tried such degenerate bullshit in their home country. The only double standards here are among the farang.
    JESUS LOVES YOU, yes, even you nancies