Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: where do gays go to die in thailand

Liked

where do gays go to die in thailand

Besides baht-stop

A very dear friend of a number or regulars to LOS, has accepted his move at 82 from retirement village to
    nursing home with full care. He has asked in the past if he could get nursing care in a gay environment in LOS.

He is far from senile but has had the prostrate operation The cold winters which he does not enjoy are his prime concern. Any suggestions and please not gaythailand.

Wow thats a tough one. A couple of years ago there was a lot of interest by the thai gov't to develop nursing homes or retirement communites in thailand for foreigners. It just kind of fizzled out tho. Try doing a google search for the required treatment centers. There may be a couple in bangkok area but will tkae some work to find them. I am guessing he has no family and has th finances to do this. Best of luck to him.

Hi

I just did a google search on retirement centers and there are several. One in Chiang Mai and others. The visa requirements will still have to be met tho. I just typed in "retirement centers in Bangkok thailand".

Forum's veteran
    Liked

most go onto the balcony

and seem to tumble over accidentally.

I've always said there is a fortune to be made in gay retirement homes, especially one in Pattaya.

And just think-a day outing to a go-go bar would do in most of the residents so there would be a constant turnover of clientele.

Maybe KQuill should invest in the Be Bop A Lulu Retirement Home for Aging Farangs.

Some say Pattaya itself is really just a giant retirement home.
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.

Re: most go onto the balcony

Some say Pattaya itself is really just a giant retirement home.
    Home of the Wanted and the Unwanted

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm retirement home ? It is a small resort town , has been called Pat pong on steroids, the sex and sand capital of Asia, and fun City. Pattaya has more sex workers per square mile than any other place on earth. Thais will tell you that Pattaya isn't the "real Thailand" but rather an Asian version of the Wild West. :clown:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by baziel
    Pattaya has more sex workers per square mile than any other place on earth.
    and a link to stats supporting this claim?

bkkguy
    I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!

Quote Originally Posted by bkkguy
    Quote Originally Posted by baziel
    Pattaya has more sex workers per square mile than any other place on earth.
    and a link to stats supporting this claim?

bkkguy
    www.no-link-my-pussy.com

Liked
    I had a PM with an excellent contact, for just what we are looking for in Pattaya

I am unsure why the sender did not post but if he have no objections, I am happy to post the main detail

for the benefit of others.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

"Asian version of the Wild West"

and I'm an old cowpoke.

What your friend needs is a full time carer..difficult but one could be found. Combined with access to a good doctor , at 82 he couldn't do any better than see out his days in the sun.
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.

Re: where do gays go to die in thailand

Quote Originally Posted by andrewcraig
    .....He has asked in the past if he could get nursing care in a gay environment in LOS......
    Try to get that anywhere on the face of the planet!
    Only recently there has been advertised a gay oriented retirement village in the San Francisco area. A huge untapped market if you ask me.

And it seems strange when you consider all the AIDS hospice and care facilities that are around. There certainly isn't a lack of compassion in the Gay community for those in the shadows of life.