List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone stayed at Wall Street Inn BKK?

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Anyone stayed at Wall Street Inn BKK?

In January I am booked for 5 nights at Wall Street Inn Hotel in the Patpong / Silom area. If anyone has been recently, could they share some info?

Liked

Re: Anyone stayed at Wall Street Inn BKK?

Quote Originally Posted by krobbie
    In January I am booked for 5 nights at Wall Street Inn Hotel in the Patpong / Silom area. If anyone has been recently, could they share some info?
    A 2-star hotel. About the only plus is it's location (near the Patpong). Small rooms, some with no windows. I think you can do a lot better.

Forum's veteran
    Bugger! Just my luck. If anyone has a better idea for accomodation under 1700 baht per night .. I'm all ears.

Want to be someone reasonably close to the action and market.

Cheers
    Keith

Forum's veteran
    Liked

secret

My regular place I hang out is Silom Regent serviced apartments...but its really a small hotel. I like it because it is a few steps away from the Sala Daeng Station MRT and it is between soi 4 (where Telephone and Balcony bars are) and soi 2 where Dj's is located. It is also down from my early morning dance club, G.O.D which starts around 2am and closes around 6am. It is not located on Silom but behind the Bug and Bee restaurant. You can get a room without a window for about 1200 baht and a room with a window for about 1600. For the price, I don't think it is the best, but the location is worth it. It is very simple but clean. I like the fact that the floors are all granite- not stained, soiled carpets. The hotel is gay friendly so no problem bringing in guests.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

PS

Forgot to say, I DID stay at Wallstreet last fall. The room isn't as nice and it is mostly a hotel that caters to Japanese or Chinese and their pick up girls.

Alternatives nearby in your price range ....
    Plaza, Trinity Silom, Om Yim ...

Others can perhaps advise on recent joiner policy for the 1st two, if that is an issue.

Forum's veteran

Re: PS

Quote Originally Posted by thrillbill
    Forgot to say, I DID stay at Wallstreet last fall. The room isn't as nice and it is mostly a hotel that caters to Japanese or Chinese and their pick up girls.
    Well that sounds just charming. I guess I need to up the anti and get somewhere a bit decent. I'll just suck up the money I have already paid and move on.

Thanks for the posting though.

Last time I was through I was at the Raddison for a night, which is in the middle of nowhere but the room was immense and so was the bathroom and dressing room.

They also fixed my artificial leg for free. It seemed to have developed a nasty squeak which kind of gave the show away.

Cheers
    keith

Forum's veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmmm
    Alternatives nearby in your price range ....
    Plaza, Trinity Silom, Om Yim ...

Others can perhaps advise on recent joiner policy for the 1st two, if that is an issue.
    Joiner fee not so much an issue as will be with bf. But I think we better get something a bit nicer or bf will not be impressed. Wall Street has no pool either. I really did f--- up.

Thanks for the insight though.

Keith

Liked
    Re. g.f. hotel suriwong road, BKK. @1700b. per night; ROSE HOTEL, almost opposite Tartawan, Rama 4 side, set back in narrow soi behind new construction. Modern thai style, newly refurbished with pool and sauna. Very central. No charge for guests. Reception 'manned' by a row of severe looking, nun-like women who are in fact quite friendly and who couldn't care less if were or had with you a 2-headed siamese twin hermorphrodite so long as you pay the bill. The towels are a bit skimpy though and like all Thai towels, waterproof.

Forum's veteran

thaiquest

Thanks for that. I will search around and see if I can findRose Hotel on the net.

By the way ... you must have met my siamese twin boyfriend?

I look forward to my next encounter with a BKK towel. When I was here last I was a bit jet lagged and only had an overnight. Perhaps there was a trail of water as I left to catch my flight to Phuket.

Thanks again for The Rose.

K.

PS Have just checked Rose. Great!