List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I stayed at the Malaysia for a week and lived...

I stayed at the Malaysia for a week and lived...

to tell the tale...

I'm no stranger for Thailand, I've been living in the South since October and as you know, its a little different down here. I was just in BKK for a week (for the first time) staying at the Malaysia. It really brought out the social anthropologist in me... tables of money boys with friends/clients/patrons sitting next to tables of police men, groups of farang boozing it up with their new boyfriends (of/for several days). I had the good fortune to spend some time chatting with a nice English chap who was happy to explain the lay of the land to me whilst some of the boys were trying hard to get our attention with notes scribbled on serviettes and some very theatrical kiss blowing.

I have lived overseas for many years in a range of countries and though I have read a lot about Thailand, and learnt a lot from this board, however nothing really prepared me for this carnivale at the Malaysia or being followed in the street several times, propositioned twice on the Skytrain (by MB's I guess) and having a guy thrust his hand in my lap when I went to the cinema downtown to escape the heat of the day. And these were just the happenings during the day!

I have never really paid for sex, well not directly anyway, and I have no hangups about it, when in Rome and all that...
    but I have to admit I just didn't know how to engage with all of this. At first I think I was taking all of this too seriously and then too lightheartldy - seemingly offending people either way. And now I have just looked at Ooglemans latest photos and he seems to be having a very jolly time with the same aforementioned boys (some of the photos were taken at the Malaysia no?) - but for some reason I just felt awkward and kind of embarrased and I'm not really sure why.
    I feel like there is a key to unlocking all of this, I just don't seem to have it on my keyring...

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    I just felt awkward and kind of embarrassed and I'm not really sure why.
    I'm not really sure why either!

Having a slurry of young, attractive and available boys around you vying for your attention bothers you? I think not. I think you're just caught up in the exhilaration of it all and don't know who to fu*k first. Come on, admit it...you love the attention don't you?

Codes

Dodger - it wasn't the attention that bothered me! As I said, I live in the South, in Songkhla and as their aren't many farang in these parts I get more attention than I need and deserve for that matter!
    The point I was trying to make is that as it was all very new to me, and as much as I enjoyed watching it all happen, I just felt like I couldn't read any of the codes. And yet the other farang I chatted to and observed just seemed to know what to do and how to do it - they seemed perfectly relaxed. And I was not, particularly after one rather earnest boy would not take no for an answer and then started to get all teary eyed and said "I don't know how I will buy food now". Do you know what that feels like to have a complete stranger say something like that to you - for the first time?

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    whereami,

Well, the good news is that your first exposure to this is now behind you. A far as the "codes" you referred to, I have to assume that you understand this, but in the event you don't, simply avoid making direct eye contact with the working boys, because that's the only "code" I'm aware of. If someone comes up to you and says they need money for food, just smile and say "no think you."

You may also want to consider staying somewhere other than the Malaysia for your future stays. This place is notorious for having working boys buzzing around trying to sell sex, especially in that back room...which happens to be my favorite spot.

mai pen rai

Naivete

I know its shockingly naive of me, but I didn't know they were working boys. And so of course they were making lots of eye contact with me which is usually the prelude to a conversation and then a shared beer or meal. Lots of eye contact down here just means that someone is trying to get up the courage to have a chat with you but feel shy or don't want to disturb you - Southern Thais are very much like that - want to chat but not impose. I think really I was suffering from (sexual) culture shock.
    Living in a fairly conservative town with a large Muslim population - things are done so gently...

As for the Malaysia, I chose it because I remember reading that it was gay friendly and inexpensive. Now about that back room...

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    Don't worry...I think we're all a little naive when it comes to this.

The "back room" to the restaurant is a "smoking area', thus separated from the restaurant by those sliding glass doors you see at the rear of the restaurant. This is a popular hang-out for the working boys and gets crowed around 1 or 2:00 AM after the bars close.

I only stay at Malaysia during my first night in LOS, as it serves as a rest stop before taking the 2 1/2 hour drive down to Pattaya. I always go into that back room after I arrive from the airport to find a candidate to give me a massage. Of course I mean sex also, but frankly, I enjoy getting a full body massage after traveling for 27 hours from the U.S. Granted, the boy I usually end up with hasn't the foggiest idea how to give a massage, but it feels good anyway.

You'll find that the boys up North are just as nice and gentle as they are in the South once you're alone with them. So go ahead...just make direct eye contact with the cutest boy in the room. If you think he doesn't understand the code...use the patented Dodger DaVinci Code, that's where you stick your tongue out and slowly wag it up and down 3 times. To the working boys up North, that means you want to be their friend.

Enjoy...

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    By-the-way, and all kidding aside. I would not recommend keeping a boy overnight at Malaysia. They all know that this is a transfer point for farangs who are arriving in-country who probably have their valuables packed away somewhere in the room.

I've never had a problem there...just a friendly word of caution.

"and then started to get all teary eyed and said "I don't know how I will buy food now"

I know that guy :bom:

were u the one i passed the number to lol?

Liked: 1
    I know that guy
    I know them too :clown:
    Ofcourse I go with other Falang, it's my job, but you are the only one I love :)