List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever stayed at the Glitz?

Liked

Anyone ever stayed at the Glitz?

On Agoda it's advertised as being "in front of soi Tarntawan," but that must be a mistake. I have an idea where it's located on Surawong Rd. but I can't estimate the distance to, let say, Tawana hotel.

They have a 1500 THB special with breakfast for 2.

Another option, and probably a better one if I consider location - is Tarntawan Hotel. I'm mainly hanging out in DJ, GOD and the bars around Solid.

It's a little bit more expensive 1880 THB but it might be worth it as long as there's no joiners fee.

I know there are some option around the the Chong Nonsi BTS, but I'd like to stay in walking distance of my hangouts.

Hope you guys can share some of your experiences, tnx

Re: Anyone ever stayed at the Glitz?

without wishing to sound rude .. how far do you consider to be walking distance ?? most people here seem to baulk at the idea of anything more than a 2 minute walk to anywhere ...
    i was at glow trinity on my last visit to bangkok which is close to chong nonsi bst.. thats maybe 15 to 20 minutes to soi twilight .. not that far .. but for some it could be in a different country .. ive no idea how old you are ... but the walk is all part of the fun of a night out .. you get to see some weird and wonderful sights on the way to and from the bars ... and theres every chance of a pick up in either direction if you didnt get an off or pull in the d.i.s.c.o ...
    we are all given legs for more than just the reason of keeping our arses from draging on the floor ... try to use them a bit more ...

Liked

Not thinking that your rude at all. You're seeing things from your perspective and that's fine, of course. I stayed at the lodge at Chong Nonsi last time and it was very acceptable. This time however, I'd like to stay a bit closer to the action. Funny as it sounds, being closer will make me more active. DJ and especially GOD are night time affairs and making quick pit stops at the hotel between dinner and clubbing is so much easier. I'm on my holiday...how lazy may I Be :-)

Anyway, I just found out that Agoda is correct with the address. They made a mistake with the position on the map. I just checked Google street view and it's indeed close to my hangouts. So weird that I haven't seen that place in all those years that I've visited that area.

I did read some threads on this forum. And one was about the toilets not being to private because of windows. Is there a way to use the facilities (curtain or something of the sort) in private?

Last question: Which room would you recommend in Glitz?

indeed hush my mouth ... you be as lazy as you like ... as you say its your holiday .. do as you wish ..
    as for the toilet .. anyone who has seen my arse tends to turn the other way .. so the window is no problem for me ..
    cant help with the rooms at the glitz as not only have i never been there .. ive also never heard of it ..
    have fun... and dance like a loonie .... you wont be the only one :alc:

Liked

I stayed there twice last year. Well located and friendly staff. Rooms are very contemporary and look good. However, the interior fittings are cheap. Beds are supposed to look like four posters with metal struts going up to the ceiling at the corners. However active nocturnal activity has resulted in these being ripped from the ceiling leaving holes in the plasterboard. Looks a little tired. Range of condoms in the room shows the type of trade Glitz is soliciting. On my second visit, they forgot to make up my room one day. Also the laundry was slow and on the day I was leaving the receptionist had to give it back to me unwashed. I won't be rushing back. There are many better hotels for similar price.

Liked

tnx for your input.

From the trade perspective, I wont be a stranger :-) Could you tell me something about the toilets? are they private or do they have see through windows?

I would also love to here about your preferred other options.

appreciated

Forum's veteran
    Liked

is not that Glitz on the corner of the soi where Tawan is and Suriwong?? Thats indeed before tawan when coming there from Suriwong.
    Tantawarn joinerfee? Are you really mad or out of your head? That HTL LIVES from gays bringing in temp. friends.
    My tip: have not stayed: there is since a month or 2 a brand new hotel in the other side of that soi-just off Silom- soi 8 they say, called the NANTRA-with promotional walk-in rates of 800 bt/night, prebooked its is 999/stdd and 1199 bt/deluxe, BF (continental) for 2 included-which obviously means visitors are expected. have not seen inside, so do not know of what it is-but it is at least brandnew. Thats about halfway between the OmYim near the BTS and soi 2.

Liked

Hey Pong, tnx for your input and suggestion.

I can assure you that I'm totally F_ed up in the head, but I didn't say that Tantawarn had a joiner's fee. I merely stated that It seems worthwhile if they don't have a Joiner's fee.

The hotel you speak of is indeed brand new, and part of a chain. They offer rooms for 702 THB on Agoda but they are for 1 person only. Their deluxe rooms are for two people but there is a joiners fee. "Please be informed that there is a joiner's fee of 500 Baht/Adult and 250 Baht/Child." Not sure what to think of a joiners fee for children... :scratch:

I've just sent them an email because of this quote. They might mean an extra person in the room, which of course is different from a joiner's fee.

Liked

Response from Nantra. I asked them if the quote on Agoda was a mistake. No answer to that question.

Dear Mr.xxx

so you book a deluxe room,we don't have to charge for extra person.

Best Regards,
    xxx

Reservation Team
    Nantra Group (Hotel & Resort)
    Quick response. However, the answer still leaves room for interpretation. This still doesn't tell me if they're talking about a joiner or a second person at the time of check-in. Well, it's worth it to write them another email, because the location, price and the fact that this is a new hotel, makes it very interesting.

Liked

I stayed there a few years ago just after they opened. At that time there was no issue with joiners.

There were a few minor issue, one major issue. The photos they display on their website have been photo shopped big time. The rooms don't look as lush and as colourful as they portray them to be. Still reasonably comfortable and convenient, the furniture was cheap.

If you read the more critical reviews on TripAdvisor, I would say they are accurate. The people who rave about it must have come from the Bangkok Hilton.
    It's an ok place to stay. I would rather fork out a few more dollars to get something of guaranteed quality. Bally Suites on Silom?

I just glanced over their website, I see they're still into the deceptive advertising. 1 minute walk to Sala Daeng BTS, 3 minutes to Patpong....I wonder how that works?