List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How much do Thai money boys value their life?

How much do Thai money boys value their life?

Hmmm. Food for thought.

More or less than a Mexican City puta or Chicago drug dealer?

http://www.slate.com/id/2164855/fr/flyout

Another question, if we really knew how much the money boys value their life, would this assist us in determining the proper tips?

Actually, I think its interesting economically.
    I think most middle class Americans would say their lives are worth several million dollars, maybe something absurd like a billion. Myself, I think my life is worth a million or two. As a young man, probably more.
    I bet most Thai money boys don't value their lives that much.
    Most people never really think about that, and I think its interesting.
    Because these decisions are made all the time. How much do you think Bush really thinks a dead US soldier is worth? How about a dead Iraqi child? These valuations DO MATTER.
    Never said I favor FREE health care. It would be paid by the tax system just like roads, education, military, and medicare. Those who say we can't afford it, I say we can't afford NOT TO. Also, I am an expat in Thailand. I do not expect to ever benefit from US national health care personally. Its just the right thing to do, and something the US must do to stay competitive in the world economically. The current US system is not only killing and bankrupting American people (more dead each month than total 9/11 deaths) but also deeply damaging American corporations like General Motors.

BTW, jaafarabutarab,, you are a liar AND a coward AND an idiot. I see you online right now reading this post! Please do really put me on ignore. Thank you.

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Jingthing
    Actually, I bet most Thai money boys don't value their lives that much.
    I'd bet you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Paraphrasing jafaar, what a moronic post.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    Actually, I bet most Thai money boys don't value their lives that much.
    I'd bet you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Paraphrasing jafaar, what a moronic post.
    Thats your opinion. I don't really understand how you could think the economic aspect of people's lives isn't relevant or interesting, but so be it. I am guessing that you didn't even read the linked article. Thats really brilliant. Maybe you just don't like to THINK about anything from a different perspective.

The article was the focus of the post. These economists quantified how much Mexican whores and Chicago drug dealers valued their lives. Since many of us love the Thai money boys, I honestly wondered where they would fit on the spectrum.

Sad

Myself, I think my life is worth a million or two. As a young man, probably more.
    You're pathetic!! Sad very sad indeed.

The Value of life?

Buddhists have lots of lives so I suppose that devalues any one.

A suicide bomber expects to finish up in Muslim Paradise ( 70 virgins each - is that a day? )

Many would give their life readily to protect a loved one - Mother - child.

Curious and interesting question - I am thinking i through

Re: Sad

Quote Originally Posted by beary
    Myself, I think my life is worth a million or two. As a young man, probably more.
    You're pathetic!! Sad very sad indeed.
    Why exactly? What disturbs you about this. I find the reactions to this almost as interesting as the original question.

Answer

Hi,

There is no monetary value.

I value my life and the lives of all precious to me as.......PRICELESS!

Best wishes,

Re: Answer

Quote Originally Posted by kquill
    Hi,

There is no monetary value.

I value my life and the lives of all precious to me as.......PRICELESS!

Best wishes,
    Yes, thats very idealistic. But governments and businesses do place values on people's lives. Remember the victims of 9/11? Those deemed high value people (based on education/professions) got much bigger settlements than those deemed low value. This isn't about whether this is right or wrong. Just about the way things are in the real world.

Here is another example of this REALITY. How little did the US government value the life of a poor black boy (now dead because of the low value placed on him by society):

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 02539.html

Liked
    Jingthing may be one of our stranger posters but he hardly deserves being called names like asshole.

Insurance companies and the courts use these economic principles for wrongful death settlements. It's not a very interesting economic study in my opinion but resorting to attack posts on any poster is in my opinion is impolite and who likes impolite people?
    E Dok Tong