Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Lodging budget

Liked

Re: Lodging budget

Quote Originally Posted by Scott123
    How much do you budget for your lodging in LOS?
    Enough.

Lodging

Lodging varies for me as I like to try different places and arrangments. Most time I like to rent condos for a month and usually between 15,000 and 20,000 for that. Remembering also that I avoid peak seasons as I prefer the quieter times there. I have also rented long term at an average of 800 per day( can get a cheaper rate by the month). I no longer do shorter stays and always go for 4-6 weeks as the price of airfares are increasing so i get my moneys worth.

Liked
    I try to keep my room cost around $1,000 US Dollars for my 4 week stay.
    These are the good'ol days

Skimping on lodging for me is false economy. No I don't spend my holiday in my room, but I do like a billet that is conducive to unwind for a few hours in, has a nice pool and gym and is someplace that the guys I'm particularly fond of can feel comfortable with the staff and provides parking for them. I can get a nice serviced appartment or four star hotel rooms on a day rate of less than B3000 but will pay more depending on the time of year. It also depends on the location I want to be in.

Next time I "do" the Oriental it will be simply to spend the FF points, though I'd rather use those for a gate upgrade. The place I'm in this holiday weekend has a good complement of trendy Asian gays from HK, Singapore etc. Thank goodness Cedric isn't around to stop them littering or giggling.

When I have moved downmarket, I've missed having a pool.

I only care that my room is clean, has a good location, and has a nice staff. I have a swimming pool at home so no need to rent a hole in the ground when abroad. 1000 baht a day is enough for a place for me. I keep one room rented for the month in Bangkok and rent another room for any side trips. I like the ability to come and go as I please without having to make a plan and check in and out to save a few baht.

Liked

How much for a room

All of the above are in line with different tastes. Over the Years I have stayed in Ambiance, Cafe Royale, Flamingo and have found Howards with the elevator to meet my needs. Location is the most pleasing to Sunee if you like that part of town. I have no prob going to hotel with pool if I need to swim. I do the beach most days and run the streets at night, so I really am in the room mostly for washing and sleeping.
    Cost for a few weeks is like the 600 baht per day. This next trip may try a few days at the new sauna and guest house also run by Punya the owner of Howards.