Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Budget

Budget

How many set a budget for their trip? I usually set a budget of 500 US a week not including room. Sometimes I go over but most times I have money left. This is just for in pattaya and doesn't include any side trips. How does this compare with others?

They boys will love you .. :-))

Quote Originally Posted by luvthai
    How many set a budget for their trip? I usually set a budget of 500 US a week not including room. Sometimes I go over but most times I have money left. This is just for in pattaya and doesn't include any side trips. How does this compare with others?
    Per day around 2500 TBT "pocket money", that's a hell of lot for for a single person which is familiar with Thailand and Pattaya.

I don't think that 2500 Baht per day is unreasonable particularly if one is offing guys regularly. (1000 for the guy minimum, 300 off, 200 drinks-probably lots more if ones going to enjoy being social with friends, etc., nice dinner, lunch, breakfast, taxi fares, incidentals, purchases, a movie here or there, etc.) Hey the money goes fast when you're on vacation. It's an average of course and somedays more, some less. 2500 seems about right to me.

Liked
    My budget is $100 US/day (3500 Baht) not including room and I never have anything left except good memories.

Liked
    In Pattaya, I tend to spend an average of 800 baht a day. In Bangkok it seems to be more, due to Babylon and the taxi's and I would guess it would be around 2,000 a day. but there are many days where I meet friends from the Internet and I end up spending only a few hundred baht that day.

My cost in pattaya went way down due to the friends I made and I had to sneak away from them just to go throw my money away... (That was me in the Krazy Dragon handing out 20 baht notes hand over fist.... :drunken:
    These are the good'ol days

Re: They boys will love you .. :-))

Quote Originally Posted by ttom
    ...Per day around 2500 TBT "pocket money", that's a hell of lot for for a single person...
    sure...single person but need to pay everything double if you have a Thai companion.

Liked

It really depends..

It really depends on what I am planning ( just a quick trip or something more with side trips or birthdays etc.)- I have had various budgets from GBP100 (THb 6700) to GBP350 a day including a hotel of about THB 2000.

That may seem a lot but absolutely everything is included and accounted for ( a bit sad really), from hotel to meals to offs, holywood, tips, shopping etc.

As I said a bit sad but I like to go on holiday and not have to count the pennies for what I would want to do, and so I try ensure there are no gaps. If I can't enjoy it to the full then I don't like to go away.

Liked

It's around the mark

Yep, I'm another who budgets for a trip, through the necessity to keep an eye on the balances..

About 2500 B per day is on the mark, assuming that payment to boys is reasonably regular.
    ..........and that's the way it is.

IF you have a thai BF, be prepared to spend AT LEAST 2 - 3000 baht a day on average (when counting in all the "purchases" for your loved one).

Liked
    Have bf. I spend about 11000 baht per day in Patttaya.