Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: One Month's Budget

Liked

One Month's Budget

I just finished my second month of a trial stay in Pattaya. There are several past queries about the cost of living in Thailand. I have tried to keep an accurate accounting of my expenditures with the goal of keeping costs below CAN$2400 or about BT75000.

My first month got hit with an unexpected Bt 12000 bill for an accident my Thai friend had on my rented motorcycle. This month it was an unexpected Bt13000 as a loan to my Thai friend his family needed to help complete construction of their new home. I have no expectation that this loan will be repaid but I may be surprised. These items have not been included in my budget but If I do come to live in Thailand there will be a new column on the budget titled, тАЬWhat the Fuck Was ThatтАЭ.

I am frugal but not stingy by nature. My apartment has a kitchen where I like to cook. I have one or two drinks a day. But I like to spend money having sanook with the boys of Pattaya.

Rent, cable,water & Electricity Bt 9800
    Motorbike rental and gas 3400
    Live-inThai friend & Family 5000
    Live-in Thai friend daily expenses 6000
    Off fees and tips 8000
    Laundry, phone and internet 1800
    Groceries 5200
    Outside meals and snacks 5400
    Alcohol, Bars and Parties 10000
    Gifts 4000
    Trips 6000
    Clothing 2000
    Drugs&Medical not including insurance 1500
    Beach as often as possible with lunch 4200
    Recreation 2000

TOTAL Bt 74300

It should be understood that this is one persons spending with their particular personality and spending habits.

Monthly budget - for Couple?

75000 baht for a month for a single person? At a glance this figure seems high - but then after looking at the detailed expense report - it does make sense. My partner and I and a son have just moved here 3 months ago from Bali. We too have been trying to figure out a reasonable budget - but let me tell you whatever budget we set - it seems never enough!! Augie

10,000 baht for booze! You sound like you have drinking issues.

Easy to see where the priorities lie when you spend around the same on booze as you do on food

Either you have a drinking problem or you like top shelf - either way it will send you broke and mad

Seems like your Thai live in friend AND his family have some expensive tastes - especially if you are paying for offs as well (or are you a sexaholic as well as an alc....)

Rent, cable,water & Electricity 13%
    Motorbike rental and gas 5%
    Live-inThai friend & Family 7%
    Live-in Thai friend daily expenses 8%
    Off fees and tips 11%

Laundry, phone and internet 2%
    Groceries 7%
    Outside meals and snacks 7%
    Alcohol, Bars and Parties 13%

Gifts 5%
    Trips 8%
    Clothing 3%
    Drugs&Medical not including insurance 2%
    Beach as often as possible with lunch \ 6%
    Recreation 3%

Liked
    I am not doing nearly as good as you. My break down is pretty much the same (not so much on the booze) but I get hit for a much higher rent. I also read all the posts on the cost of living in Thailand and worked a tentative budget. The "what the fuck" line item does throw out all the planing.

Sounds like you have a live-in BF. That doubles your "what the fuck" category. I let my BF know that there are limits. He tries to manage the money I give him but the demands of friends and family strip him dry every month. It's his money, I don't ask what he does with it but keep to a strict amount.

When I was working back in farangland I lived off of a lot less but did not do more than go to work and eat. I put away a lot of my salary then but now it's all on spend mode---what the hell you can't take it with you!

I have not had the discipline to analyze where my spending is going but if I do, I will not post it here giving those fodder to attack the details and make snide comments to foster their miserable low self esteem.
    E Dok Tong

Liked

ONE MONTHS BUDGET

Well, this is what I PLAN to spend when I come to retire and stay.. What does anyone think about my rationale.??

Rent / Electric / Water --------------- BAHT: 15,000 (I want a nice place to stay in)
    Transportation---------------------------------- 2,400
    Food (eating out daily, not going to cook) -- 14,000
    Internet ----------------------------------------- 1,200
    Drinks (beer or cokes) ------------------------ 1,600
    Massages + Tips ------------------------------- 18,000
    OTHER ------------------------------------------ 7,800

TOTAL ---- 60,000 Baht..

I kind of think this is reasonable...You will notice, the rent, food and massages take up my expenses..
    NO LIVE IN B/F,,,,NO B/F EXPENSES...

Doesn't anyone here do anything besides eat, drink, sleep, and fuck bar boys?

"Doesn't anyone here do anything besides eat, drink...&

yes but you are obviously a drunk.

Why do you say that?

Expenses

Rent, cable,water & Electricity Bt 9800
    Are you staying somewhere gross like a cheap room in Yensabai Condos?

Motorbike rental and gas 3400
    You can get this for cheaper, Hon,

Live-inThai friend & Family 5000
    Live-in Thai friend daily expenses 6000
    Get rid of all them, silly old queen and save this waste, Dear.

Off fees and tips 8000
    As well as the live in boyfriend????????? You are, quite simply Darl, a sex maniac...... Your live in boyfriend sounds like a barboy thats hit a good wicket on you, and is taking the baht , but, sadly, Pet, you have stopped getting that sweet arse, but just an unenthusiastic blow job once or twice a month.
    Laundry, phone and internet 1800
    ok
    Groceries 5200
    Groceries or Food Groceries? Hire a visiting maid to everything and to bring her own cleaning products Get the internet and a mobile bundled in a cheap plan.
    Outside meals and snacks 5400
    Seems stingy = are you addicted to 30B noodles?
    Alcohol, Bars and Parties 10000
    PLEASE get to AA.
    Gifts 4000
    To whom?
    Trips 6000
    Good to see you dont always prop up a bar stool
    Clothing 2000
    Reasonable
    Drugs&Medical not including insurance 1500
    Ok. This is essential

Beach as often as possible with lunch 4200
    [b]Whadda eat at the beach??