Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Police crack down Pattaya, farangs taken to station I

Police crack down Pattaya, farangs taken to station I

See catawampuscat "The shit hits the fan" on this board and similar from Gaythailand

"GaySacGuy
    I just received a phone call advising me that all the Farang in Wild, Wild West without a passport in their possession were detained/arrested/taken to jail??? Not sure which, but definitely not good. It is 10:30 p.m. in Pattaya, apparently this just happen this evening. Also rumor of two or three bars being closed, but no confirmantion. Can anyone either confirm or deny this information?? I sure hope it is some kind of mistake, but the way things go, you never know!

painai
    Yes, I was there, thank goodness I carry a laminated copy of my passport (which includes the first page and copy of my visa), only 2 of the customers, myself and a Japanese tourist who had his passport, were not taken away in a pick up by the (I assume) Bangkok police. The police came in only questioning the customers, and those without id were rounded up, searched, questioned and taken away. About ten or twelve all together were taken away. It really looked sad to see the elderly farangs who had trouble walking trying to get in the pickup. Moral of the story, carry your id!"

catawampuscat - my apologies for having spelt your name incorrecly - now I cut and paste to get it right.

Liked: 1

Re: Massive Police crack down Pattaya, farangs taken to stat

Quote Originally Posted by wowpow
    Moral of the story, carry your id!
    No dear the moral of the story is Fuck of Thailand. Let everybody stand up to the Thai authorities and an show them who puts the rice on the table. Boycott Thailand for 6 months and see them come back with their begging bowls. The treat us like shit so stay away for a while. No other country treat their tourists (guests) like this
    Don't try to hold in farts - they travel up your spine and into your brain and that is where shitty ideas come from.

I live here but I have to agree. Tourists shouldn't put up with this. This is harassment and bizarre. Its not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingthing
    I live here but I have to agree. Tourists shouldn't put up with this. This is harassment and bizarre. Its not worth it.
    The law is that an ID must be carried at all times.

Those arrested were not carrying ID's.

End of story. :bounce:

Rules are valid for all

The law doesn't make any difference between foreigner or Thai.

Quote Originally Posted by Naughty But Nice

Bullshit. Almost nobody carries their PASSPORT with them. It is much safer to keep it locked up at home. This law is indeed on the books, but almost never enforced. Now, it is being enforced.

Harassment. Plain and simple. And very irrational. Sending bar customers to jail? This is an OUTRAGE!

Forum's veteran
    Mount Calvary Baptist Church of the Redeemer
    Liked
    Fascinating. Of course one wonders what sort of questions the arrested ID-less Farang's will be subjected to. Why have you come to Thailand? Why have you come to Pattaya? Why are you in a boy GoGo bar? Did you come to Thailand to break Thailand's laws on prostitution? Have you offed any boys? Have you paid any Thai boys for sex? What was their age? What was their name? Are you a homosexual?

Will the names of those arrested be passed to immigration? Will they end up on the black list? Will the authorities in their home countries be notified of their activities while in Thailand? Oh, it's better than a Soap Opera!
    JESUS LOVES YOU, yes, even you nancies

Quote Originally Posted by Naughty But Nice

Bullshit. Almost nobody carries their PASSPORT with them. It is much safer to keep it locked up at home. This law is indeed on the books, but almost never enforced. Now, it is being enforced.

Harassment. Plain and simple. And very irrational. Sending bar customers to jail? This is an OUTRAGE!
    I don't recall mentioning PASSPORT, if you bother to read the post it said 'carry ID

If you don't carry ID and get arrested tough luck. If you don't like the law then leave the country - simple really.

As for rounding up the sex tourists (especially in the gay bars) this is just a continuing part of the crackdown ordered from up-high.

Quote Originally Posted by Aunty
    Will the names of those arrested be passed to immigration? Will they end up on the black list? Will the authorities in their home countries be notified of their activities while in Thailand? Oh, it's better than a Soap Opera!
    I imagine that many of those farangs picked up in the gay bars will find themselves pulled over when they arrive back in their own country

Remember that the new police chief did warn some months ago that he intended to 'Clean up Pattaya' and with the recent intervention of the top man from Bangkok it looks as though he has been told to produce results or lose his position. Also remember that the Pattaya police chief is the man that was responsible for the closure of many establishments in Bangkok that were involved in providing services for the gay sex tourist and his record in Bangkok was one of the main reasons that he was appointed as the top man in Pattaya.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked
    Some ridiculous over reactions and presumptions here. Being taken to the police station is not the same as being sent to jail!

You are taken to the police station in the same way, if you break the law and don't have your driving license with you when driving. You pay a fine and are released.

Does anyone actually know that these people are in jail?