Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Web Sites - Hotels

Web Sites - Hotels

What web sites would you guys recommend to find cheap hotel rooms in BKK, besides Asia Rooms. Thanks in advance.

Liked
    peter30, I have used both www.planetholiday.com and www.asiatravel.com. I think these are the oldest established on-line reservation sites, and the service is usually OK.

I have also used www.precisionreservations.com, but I have always found that my choice of hotel is reported to be 'full' and given an unattractive alternative. Others on this forum have have reported better luck.

But www.asiarooms.com would be my first choice. I think their rates are often better, and the service is OK.
    If [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/YouTube.jpg[/img] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/MySpace.jpg[/img] I'll [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/Google.jpg[/img] your [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/Yahoo.jpg[/img]

Liked

Re: Web Sites - Hotels

Quote Originally Posted by peter30
    What web sites would you guys recommend to find cheap hotel rooms in BKK, besides Asia Rooms. Thanks in advance.

What price range are you calling "cheap"

john
    TOQ Tired Old Queen

Don't feed the trolls, Don't feed the trolls, I keep telling myself ..........

www.directrooms.com is also good. I have used it several times. It's my second choice ( asiarooms is my first choice ).

Re: Web Sites - Hotels

I find, if I book in advance, my local (Jetset) travel agent can obtain the best prices for hotels. For example, for my next trip:

Jan 14 - Jan 19 (5 nights) Sofitel Silom (Club Room)
    Jetset: $AU830
    Asia Rooms: $AU$950
    Hotel direct: AU$1066

Cheers.

I use www.accomline.com for most of my bookings. They are worldwide, not just Thailand.

I suggest you avoid expedia.com. When I booked through them I turned up at the hotel and was told no booking existed - even though I had a print-out of the confirmation. Expedia's reply to my subsequent complaint suggested firstly that this happens quite often, and secondly that they couldn't give a damn.

Liked: 1
    www.priceline.com

I have had fun bargains with this firm. I have not had the confidence to book an hotel less than 4 star. You choose a city, area and star rating and place a bid. Hotels may choose to accept or decline. You cannot name an hotel. I have had bids at great prices accepted by Marriot in Singapore and London and Hilton in London. It used to be common knowledge that if you booked Bangkok River area you got the Shangri-La or that fine Sathorn hotel with a big hole in it (feng shui?) and a rooftop al fresco restaurant. I did get the Elizabeth in Singapore last time and I'm not keen on the place and had decided not to stay there again.

If you work at it it pops up eventually - yes the hotel on Sathorn is the Banyan Tree
    I hope that my posts will be of use.

How do they figure that the Banyan Tree is in the "River Area"?

Thankyou

Thankyou, guys for your advise and guidance. Booked a reservation through Asia Rooms, for the Sofitel Hotel, on Silom Road. Awaiting confirmation saved ┬г64, if confirmed from my original enquiry. Thankyou once again. Cheers Peter