List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hotels, hotels and more HOTELS!! ARGH!

Hotels, hotels and more HOTELS!! ARGH!

Hello All.

Been watching/reading this site for sometime now. Have tucked away much usefull information to the back of the brain already. BUT, I am planning a trip to BKK in the very near future, my first trip. (hopefully not my last.) I think from reading posts here that I am looking to stay in the Silom area, but have no idea of which hotel is "best" for me. I'm looking for a decent, clean hotel, High speed internet would be great, close to popular areas. But, I have looked at more hotels than I can remember. Also, how do you know the "house rules" for a hotel? ie, charge for bringing a guest back to your room? Security, as I have heard some hotel hold guest ID's until they leave etc...

If someone, or several could give me some ideas I sure would appreciate it. (I can read all the websites, but they all run together after a while.) I'm looking at spending $40-$70 US per night, looks like that might be possible.

I have tons more questions, but lets start with this one.

Thanks in advance. I'm excited about the trip, just want to be as close to perfect as possible.

I think you will find the Swiss Lodge a great place to stay. Close to the Silom action, no joiners fees, excellent staff, wireless internet and a nice place to stay. However, slightly above your budget, yet you might shop the rate on the net.

www.swisslodge.com/index.htm

If you want perfect try Tarntawan hotel... but more like $80/night

Liked
    I always stay at Omyim Lodge (if they have room) Their website: http://www.omyimgroup.com/

Yo have to plan ahead and make reservations because they're frequently full.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe M
    I think you will find the Swiss Lodge a great place to stay. Close to the Silom action, no joiners fees, excellent staff, wireless internet and a nice place to stay. However, slightly above your budget, yet you might shop the rate on the net.

www.swisslodge.com/index.htm
    Agree!! many friends stayed there.....unbeatable location and quality of room at their price range, service is great too.

Probably in your budget range The Rose is your best bet. Close to all the action. They don't care who or what you drag home with you. In room internet access is available (for a fee).

If you are staying for more than a few days, I'd recommend some of the botique hotels on Sukhumvit instead. More bang for the buck, more stuff happening on the street around the hotels and for 25 baht you can take the BTS over to Silom's gay areas. The Key, Sachas, Swiss Park all come to mind - and can be had at discounted prices on wotif.com (for late bookings).

Hey, thanks for the ideas, keep them coming. I did fail to mention that I am planning on staying 10-12 nights. I have a ton more questions............... Appreciate the advice!

The Silom area is a good place to stay. There are go-go bars, discos/clubs, gay restaurants, spas/massages and saunas conveniently located nearby. It's also very touristy.

When I was there recently (28 Oct-4 Nov 2008), I stayed at the Take A Nap Hotel (www.takeanaphotel.com) for 4 nights. It's next to BBB Inn and a stone's throw away from Soi Pratuchai where you can find many go-go bars like The Boys Bangkok, Dream Boy, etc. The hostel is family-run but gay-friendly. I have no problem bringing in 'guests'. Apparently, they have no joiner fees. Internet is available including wireless access.

The remaining 3 nights, I stayed at Baan Saladaeng (www.baansaladaeng.com). It's along Sala Daeng road between Silom and Sathorn. A more quieter place. Walking distance to Silom Soi 2 where you can find discos like DJ Station, JJ Park, G.O.D. and cafes. Parallel to Sala Daeng road is Convent Road where you can find Sauna Mania. If you don't mind walking, Babylon is nearby via Sathorn road.

Between these two, I prefer Baan Saladaeng. The hotel is straight-friendly. The staff are helpful. The rooms are clean and comfortable. There are English channels on TV. Location is convenient. Skytrain and subways are easily accessible. Wireless internet is available. If I'm not mistaken, there are no joiner fees. I simply *love* going back to my hotel room.

If you need more information, just ask. I did some research prior to my Bangkok trip. I was seeking affordable accommodation and things to do. While I don't have any specific itinerary, I do have a to-do-list at hand just in case I was bored. I actually made a map showing the location of some hotels to help me decide. Feel free to view my map online.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&m ... 13048c7ffd

Since you're staying for about 10-12 nights, you may want to consider staying at a few hotels. A longer stay at a hotel may even get you a special rate. Do ask and try to reserve early. Don't forget to bring enough money during your stay. I ended up spending more than I planned (mostly on accommodation). But it's money well-spent.

I can't wait to visit Thailand again.

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    I always like Two Guys for Bangkok especially as the rooms are adequate and the staff friendly and the owner owns 2 gay clubs ( with pretty good shows).

Never a problem taking anyone back..although last time thy did say.."not that old slapper surely !"..they were speaking to the "off" about me..but so what..any hotel that lets me in would let Jack the Ripper stay.

I always used to stay at the Dusit..but got sick of that sharp eyed security manager who lets you get right across the massive foyer and about to press the button before he springs from behind a column and busts you..no "joiners "fee..just a complete price for another guest.

downmarket suits me now.
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.

Bangkok Horels

[quote="zul"].

If you need more information, just ask. I did some research prior to my Bangkok trip. I was seeking affordable accommodation and things to do. While I don't have any specific itinerary, I do have a to-do-list at hand just in case I was bored. I actually made a map showing the location of some hotels to help me decide. Feel free to view my map online.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&m ... 13048c7ffd
    [quote]

This map above is the best and most helpful I've seen yet. Zul must have worked hard!

Anyway my suggestion is the Malaysia - it is only from 808 Baht and clean as I have said before/ Short taxi ride to all the bars and Patpong