List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has gaybutton removed his message board or not?

Has gaybutton removed his message board or not?

As usual I visited all the boards for a quick look before breakfast

This morning gaybuttons entire message board seems to have been cleared

As I am having problems logging into this forum ATM, it might just be my server playing up. Anybody else having problems with SF?

elephantspike
    Wow!

That is strange. It appears new posts can be made, but the old ones are gone. I guess his webhost must be having technical dificulties again?

Gaybutton

Aparently he did go ahead and follow my suggeston and re-posted the archives after the last time this happened:

Gaybutton Archives

The dates are all Dec. 15 2005, but the topics are actually over a year older than that. That was just when they were reposted.

elephantspike
    Aparently he's back on again already. :cheers:

Liked
    It's back, but not quite right.

The topics used to be listed by date posted, but now topics are all over the map, hard to make sense of the flow.
    Now this doesn't matter too much I suppose as 98% of the "Topic Starters" (as well as the replies :clown: ) are posted by either H*dd* or G*yB*tt*n ~ 'not that there's anything wrong with that' ~ but I rather like to view at least a sense of a logical continuum.
    Is that too much to ask?

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

GayButton solves the problem . . .

. . . though actually it was easy. I missed the simple click-fix & apparently others did as well.

This from GayButton today:

By GayButton

6. "RE: What happened?"
    Jan-22-06, 06:12 PM (GMT)

If I understand correctly, some are having problems with the order by which the messages are sorted. The sorting order is under your own individual control. Most people prefer that the most recent messages and/or replies appear first. If that is not happening for you, the way to fix that is for you to look in the blue box at the top of the list of posts. One of the options says, "Last Updated Date/Author."
    If you click on that option, then messages should sort themselves according to posting date, and that should resolve the problem.
    Wheeeewww ... what a relief!

Cheers ...

has gaybutton remoeved

Today I tried to get on the website more times, but I cannot.
    So is it Closed? or what have happened?

Liked
    GayButton will not load for me right now.

GB has had that message board software and system for a very long time now and has had regular crashes over the years (at least one I recall wiped out the entire topic lineup).
    EZBoard was not great for sure ~ it had one massive meltdown last year ~ but GB's seems inherently unstable (which would be appropriate considering the main posters there, but I'll keep quiet about that :blackeye: ).

Hope he gets it back up as to be honest I enjoy reading the messages over there. Much more gentlemanly than THIS cornucopia of filth!

Cheers ....

And the Blog, too

Poor old Hedda's had to close down the comments section of the Bog. Apparently the more clever of his readers (ie. a couple of guys) have worked out how to post as Hedda (or pretty much anyone else). The dummy has been spat (that's baby's pacifier to all you star-spangled bumpkins - it's what babies do when throwing a tantrum)

Liked

The whipping boy ...

Quote Originally Posted by homintern
    Apparently the more clever of his readers (ie. a couple of guys) have worked out how to post as Hedda (or pretty much anyone else).
    Oh fuck!! Just one MORE thing for "guess-who" to get blamed for.

Cheers ...

elephantspike
    This is different from the last time. The last time, only the message board crashed. The main site was fine. Right now, I can't even get the main page to load.

I hope he gets it fixed. I like reading that board, too.