Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Wear A Face Mask - Or Get Your Wallets Out

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Wear A Face Mask - Or Get Your Wallets Out

Wearing a face mask is now compulsory in 31 provinces, including Chonburi.

Those found without masks can get fined 6,000 baht for the first offense, 12,000 baht for the second offense, and 20,000 baht after that. This includes driving in a car if there are any pasgangers.

Personally, I wear a mask all the time, although tend to drag it under my chin when driving my motorbike so I can breath. I guess I'll either have to live with the discomfort, or keep a real good eye out for the BIB.

Story below:

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...rfews-expanded

Liked

Re: Wear A Face Mask - Or Get Your Wallets Out

That's not too bad. How is enforcement? Do cops actually handout tickets, or don't bother? Thankfully from the sounds of things folks over there take the pandemic pretty seriously, which must be a nice relief for you.

Over here everything the government puts new restrictions in place it spurs more and more anti-mask / anti-lockdown protests. Idiots... they should be glad they're only getting tickets, and that I'm not in charge.

In my mind, people running these anti-lockdown protests is bordering on negligent homicide. I'd just round them all up, and send them to Baffin Island. Don't like government restrictions, eh? Not a problem, hang out here on Baffin Island and roam free with the moose all you want, we'll swing by and pick you up once the pandemic is over if the wildlife hasn't eaten you yet.

3. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (April 29th, 2021), Ruthrieston (April 30th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Personally, I wear a mask all the time, although tend to drag it under my chin when driving my motorbike so I can breath. I guess I'll either have to live with the discomfort, or keep a real good eye out for the BIB.
    What am I missing with the discomfort ?

Humans can adapt to living at high altitude, so it ought to be possible to adapt to a face mask. I had no problems wearing one for hours on end and even forgot I was wearing it whilst slogging away on an exercise bicycle in a Bangkok Hotel.
    The only time I've felt discomfort was with the slightly itchy masks from "Mr DIY".

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I wear mine without question when required but I cant deny it does sometimes make it a little difficult to breathe - and i'm not being a Karen there with that comment btw.

I've get sinus issues ( incl nasal polyps etc) from time to time and when the associated congestion from that all kicks in trying to draw a breath through my nose can be tougher than usual, then trying to breathing through the mouth AND wearing a mask AND wear glasses ( in order to read the bloody tiny labels on food this days on the supermarket shelves these days) results in the glasses steaming up too so it can be a little bit of a pain - BUT not the end of the world and I just suck it up as that little inconvenience is a much lesser pain in the ass than the alternative both to myself and others when out shopping.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post

What am I missing with the discomfort ?
    My glasses tend to fog up when I'm wearing my mask, which is a concern when riding my motorbike.

I can prevent this from happening by pulling the mask down under my nose, Maybe they'll just fine me half the amount...LOL.

Seriously, I can make this work. Some style masks work better than others when it comes to this.

7. User who gave Like to post:

goji (April 29th, 2021)

Liked

I also wear spectacles and always use a mask. Sometimes it is an N95; at others a more normal mask. My spectacles don't fog up because I make sure the metal strip at the top of the nose is properly adjusted. If your mask does not have a metal strip, you should get some. They are incredibly cheap.