Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Pattaya Gay Club - The Mask

Liked

New Pattaya Gay Club - The Mask

Haven't seen any posts regarding Pattaya's latest Gay Club - The Mask...

I left Pattaya around the same time as it opened last week, so didn't get the chance to visit... But maybe NewAlaan will get a chance on his forthcoming trip.

Seems to be a mix of live band, DJ, Coyotes and "models" and a lot of the Olf Dave Man Club team are involved
    One thing for sure is that it will be great to have some competition for NAB!

Its located on Soi Bunkot, near the old X-ztye site... Map attached below but its in Thai, so you will need a translator

Has anyone been yet? Any reviews?

Buffalo me die! Send Money!

2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (September 22nd, 2017), christianpfc (September 23rd, 2017), Moses (September 22nd, 2017)

Liked

Re: New Pattaya Gay Club - The Mask

Quote Originally Posted by colmx
    Has anyone been yet? Any reviews?
    Great heads up colmx, perfect timing! just the kind of place I've been hoping for. Live band makes a big difference to nights fun for me. Bonus might be that I think I know the vocalist guy, but difficult to make out the other band members, they often interact in different bands anyway depending on where they can get regular work. I'll ask bf to quiz friends currently in Pattaya about the venue as we've been doing last few days just to get updates before we arrive. One of friends from bfs village area works in BzBzBz sometimes DJing as well as waiter and is usually right up to date with goings-on around the clubs.

Heading off at the weekend. Jomtien based first then Phuket, and back to Pattaya/around/Bkk.

Liked

I always wonder about these farangs who have to take groups of boyz to the disco's AND pay all the drinks and sometimes go as far as offing the boy from the bar as Colmx has done.

I guess its a case of leading lonely lives and needing people around you as these guys do and spending or should i say wasting their hard earned money on rubbish like that

I guess that they still want to be teenagers again

Liked

And why not?

My motto has always been:

You're only as old as the people you feel.

Liked

Mickp asks the question why farangs bring boys for drinks and then makes 2 guesses as to why they do that.
    He speculates that's it's lonliness and/or a desire to be like teenagers again.
    But these speculations come from someone that doesn't do it.
    Could we have some comments from those that do?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by FarangRuMak View Post
    Mickp asks the question why farangs bring boys for drinks and then makes 2 guesses as to why they do that.
    I don't bring a group of guys to NAB, but I have a theory why some foreigners do it. It's to show off, to impress other foreigners that they are living large, and have plenty of guys around. They enjoy attention it brings.
    What's puzzling, why would anyone be impressed, we all can off 3 guys at once, and hold the court at NAB.
    I always wonder what do the group of these offed Thai guys think about that foreigner, and how they talk about him to each other. I doubt they see the foreigner as some sort off high roller, they just wait patiently for the night to be over so they can go home to their girlfriends. If they are gay then they enjoy free drinks, and hope that old guy's sexual demands are easy.

8. User who gave Like to post:

loke (December 13th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by FarangRuMak View Post
    There are (at least) 3 types of barboys.
    1. Those that are looking for love and a farang BF or sponsor
    2. Those that are there due to economic hardship and are sending money home to pay for education of siblings or to mama.
    3. Those that are in in for a good time and want to go out and enjoy themselves.

The boys in the bars would much rather be in a club having fun than sitting on a beer bar listening to a gang of farang waffling on. Or sitting there playing his mobile whilst the skinflint alcoholic farang has another beer.

Take a guy to a disco, play a few drinking games, watch the show, flirt, show the fun side of your personality and get to know the guy, flirt a bit more, smile... I guarantee that you will have ten times better sex with him than the guy that was clubbed over the head caveman style and dragged from his bar to the bedroom without so much as exchanging names with his customer!

It's not about trying to be a teenager again... It's about not being a grumpy git that moans about loud music, bright lights, it being too late or having to pay for a few drinks.

10. 7 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (September 22nd, 2017), christianpfc (September 23rd, 2017), Dalewood (September 27th, 2017), Doug (September 22nd, 2017), rexton (September 26th, 2017), Smiles (September 24th, 2017), vnman (September 23rd, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Mickp
    I always wonder about these farnags...etc...I guess that they still want to be teenagers again
    I always wonder about these older farangs like Mickp who have to visit gogo bars and sit with boys considerably younger than themselves AND pay for their drinks and sometimes go as far as offing the boy from the bar as Mickp does, when there are so many available guys around pattaya working normal jobs who would be happy to go with an attractive man for free.

I guess its a case of leading a lonely life and needing people much younger than they are around them as Mickp does, not only that they spend their money or should I say waste their hard earned money on buckets of ping balls to throw around, imagine spending or should I say wasting your money on rubbish like that! I guess they hang around teenagers in bars and with guys half their age because the want to be teenagers again.....like Mickp.

To FarangRuMak....I go to concerts and pubs with live bands all over the place when at home. While it's not Thai style, you still buy drinks and enjoy the music and fun. Places like Mask are Thai Venues aimed at Thai customers and they are found all over Thailand not just the likes of Pattaya. So it goes on everywhere. The standard practise is to have a bottle of whiskey shared between friends. There are basically 2 options with payment, one is simply to share the final bill with what you can afford to contribute, the second is for the most well off of the group to foot the whole bill. Thai or Farang. Farangs are seen as the higher standing and so expected to foot the bill. However even with farangs in company it doesn't always work out like that. On my last trip one night out with a few of the BzBzBz guys, the final bill was shared between bf/me, another farang and his boy and one of the BzBzBz Thai managers. On another occasion the day after bfs birthday two of the BzBzBz managers insisted on covering the whole bill, neither I or bf were allowed to contribute. They are seen as being moneyed, they want to be seen as being moneyed and so a normal Thai way for settling the bill for a fun night out.

On top of that is the practicality, in the Thai places sharing is normal, and so all the drinksales are aimed at that i.e. bottles and beer towers, no way could bf and I polish off a bottle of whisky by ourselves, so apart from extra mixers we would be paying the whole cost of the bottle anyway. Sometimes boys in our company DO order and pay for specific things themselves, maybe if there is only soda and water, they will pay for cokes, snacks etc. But while I do enjoy being out with bf just the two of us, at the clubs its more fun with more company, and as I say we would have to buy a bottle anyway. Many times we have been to NAB bought the first bottle as we tend to be there first anyway, and other boys who join the company later and have bottles behind the bar produce those as a contribution.

But in Thai places like colmx and I go to if Thais were there themselves and one of them had a good job or was moneyed they would definitely be expected to pay the whole bill, just as a farang would. In Hollywood if there are 200 tables full in the venue, at the end of the night 199 Thais will pick up the bill for their friends, and at the one table with the farang the same would be expected. It's more just a Thai 'thing' or way that we farangs have to respect.

As for being teenagers 'again' with regard to music I still enjoy all the same music/bands now as I did when I was 12-14-16-18 etc..years old. I played a Gibson SG- Epiphone electric guitar when 16, I still have it, still play it.

I see Colmx has responded during the time I was writing this, and his take offers up even more good reasons for hitting the clubs. I'm never there to pick up guys and I'm with bf so wont have any plans for taking back any of the guys we go out with. It's all about just having fun and a good time with the Thai style of venues available.

I won't bother responding to Whitemouse as he's clearly 'two pennies short of a shilling', a handle who obviously spends his time here trolling through threads just to rake up muck by resurrecting some ancient forgotten posts.....or nit picking his way through threads/posts for no apparent sane reason, he is a perfect example of someone who simply just doesn't 'get it' It being whatever normal activities appear to be a challenge for him, feigning puzzlement as an opportunity to offer up some ridiculous theory.

It would be interesting to meet him just to see if he's actually 'for real'. If he's still in Pattaya next week the opportunity might even present itself as I do have an image of him and he seems to hang out on the same BT terraces as I do, and around sunee, my early-mid evening go-to before the main nightly events get going.

12. 7 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (September 23rd, 2017), colmx (September 22nd, 2017), joe552 (September 23rd, 2017), Mickp (September 22nd, 2017), RonanTheBarbarian (September 24th, 2017), vnman (September 23rd, 2017), whitemouse (September 22nd, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2 View Post
    But in Thai places like colmx and I go to...
    On another note I heard that "Tawan Daeng Variety" has opened up in the Old Star Dice Premises in North Pattaya

We were going to go there one night earlier in the month but were advised that we would be best to go in a private hire SongTaew... Too many drug gangs, fights and "thirsty police" checkpoints up that end of town. Everybody voted for Tumnan Chon instead
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2 View Post

I won't bother responding to Whitemouse as he's clearly 'two pennies short of a shilling', a handle who obviously spends his time here trolling through threads just to rake up muck by resurrecting some ancient forgotten posts.....or nit picking his way through threads/posts for no apparent sane reason, he is a perfect example of someone who simply just doesn't 'get it' It being whatever normal activities appear to be a challenge for him, feigning puzzlement as an opportunity to offer up some ridiculous theory.

It would be interesting to meet him just to see if he's actually 'for real'. If he's still in Pattaya next week the opportunity might even present itself as I do have an image of him and he seems to hang out on the same BT terraces as I do, and around sunee, my early-mid evening go-to before the main nightly events get going.
    Hey! Nice to meet you!

I hope we meet in Boyztown, you said you'll be in Pattaya next week.
    That would be great, my friend! I'm always looking to meet up!
    I'm in Thailand until Songkran.

It's just that I don't know what you look like, Ambiance is quite buzy often at night. Can you PM a general description, so I wouldn't miss you!
    My face pic is on my profile pic. Maybe you can PM yours? It's ok if you don't want to.
    Looking forward meeting you next week, friend!

See, jlf, Sawadtee has nice, friendly people, you said we are all bad, now you see this is not true! NewAlaan is a nice guy, and many more are nice!

06.23, going to sleep now, one eye is closed already