Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where do the gay Farang go when they leave Thailand

Liked

Where do the gay Farang go when they leave Thailand

When I was last in Sunee, in June, I was talking to Mama Pay at the Sunee Plaza Bar (plastic chairs). She was complaining that Sunee was bereft of gay farang and that many had, in recent years, left for Cambodia and Vietnam. But, where would they go? Surely Siem Reap and Phnom Penh isn't a patch on Pattaya in terms of 'available' company? I've never been to Cambodia but I think I may when I visit Thailand in a few weeks from now. My main concern, however, is the lack of excellent health care clinics/hospitals (so I am informed).

Vietnam? Where on earth would equate with the 'scene' that exists in Pattaya? Is there some beach equivalent to Pattaya that I've missed?

I flew into Saigon fifteen years ago and flew out again the next day. Pavements were awash with rats and scores of rickshaw drivers followed me around shouting, "Hey, Johnny!" and irritating the hell out of me.

Kate Melua was certain there were nine million bicycles in Beijing but I'm sure there were as many, if not more, in Ho Chi Minh City! I guess it's all changed: I should go back.

Liked

Re: Where do the gay Farang go when they leave Thailand

I'm just from Vietnam and can certify: Saigon is heaven for tops as well as Vung Tau (city on the sea just in 75-90 min from Saigon by car)... I never had so many offers of "meetings" for free in Bangkok and Pattaya per week, as I had in SGN and VT per day...

Blued, Hornet and Grindr made sounds every 3-5 minutes (about 75% of offers were from moneyboys)
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

3. User who gave Like to post:

Eddie (February 24th, 2019)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by poshglasgow View Post
    where would they go? Surely Siem Reap and Phnom Penh isn't a patch on Pattaya in terms of 'available' company? I've never been to Cambodia but I think I may when I visit Thailand in a few weeks from now. My main concern, however, is the lack of excellent health care clinics/hospitals (so I am informed).
    UK friend of mine moved from Pattaya to Siem Reap... The air quality is awful there (not pollution, red dust) and when he needed urgent medical care he had to travel by ambulance all the way to a hospital in Korat (350 km) to find proper western care.

Whilst there were quite a few ex-pat gays in SR... there would barely be enough of them to fill a bar the size of Vassa!
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    I'm just from Vietnam and can certify: Saigon is heaven for tops as well as Vung Tau (city on the sea just in 75-90 min from Saigon by car)... I never had so many offers of "meetings" for free in Bangkok and Pattaya per week, as I had in SGN and VT per day...

Blued, Hornet and Grindr made sounds every 3-5 minutes (about 75% of offers were from moneyboys)
    Now, Vung Tau I have heard of. It sounds interesting. Are you saying, Moses, that some of the guys do not seek financial recompense for their time?

Do please PM me if you have specific areas of interest to recommend.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by poshglasgow View Post
    Now, Vung Tau I have heard of. It sounds interesting. Are you saying, Moses, that some of the guys do not seek financial recompense for their time?

Do please PM me if you have specific areas of interest to recommend.
    SGN: Republic bar (do not mix with Republic club), Thi bar. Both were totally packed at both weekends what I was in SGN. "Totally packed" means it is hard to enter and to find place even to stay. At both places you should reserve tables quite in advance if you want to have seat. Republic - DJ music, mostly local crowd, Thi - live music mixed crowd (expats/locals 50/50).

Vung Tau: south end of Back beach, last 150-200 meters, after 4pm.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Well, if I am stuck in a loud & crowded bar, the objective is to get a willing lad out of there and back to my hotel as fast as possible.
    Are they really willing to go?

If not, I prefer to quit ASAP and go somewhere quiet with armchairs.

"A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush" goes the saying.

A boy in my bed is worth thousands in a club, unless they all happen to be wearing Speedos and badges with numbers.

8. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (March 1st, 2019)

Liked

Poshglasgow asked.
    Where do the gay Farang go when they leave Thailand?

Well many of them go to either the morgue or the poorhouse depending on the height of the balcony.

10. 4 Users gave Like to post:

colmx (February 22nd, 2019), Dalewood (March 2nd, 2019), Jellybean (February 22nd, 2019), poshglasgow (February 22nd, 2019)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Poshglasgow asked.
    If they are an ex bar owner and doing a runner they could go anywhere.

Otherwise back home!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Well, if I am stuck in a loud & crowded bar, the objective is to get a willing lad out of there and back to my hotel as fast as possible.
    Are they really willing to go?
    there should be another order of steps:
    1. you receive offer from boy in application and accept it
    2. (optional, but I like it) you have fun together in bar/clubs
    3. you have fun in your hotel
    4. you have breakfast
    [you repeat steps 2 and 3]

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Poshglasgow asked.

Well many of them go to either the morgue or the poorhouse depending on the height of the balcony.
    That's not entirely accurate, arsenal, and you know it. Most of them retire to their coffins just before dawn and are awaken by their loyal assistants just after dusk.

14. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (February 22nd, 2019), Eddie (February 24th, 2019)