Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kawaii Closing

Liked

Kawaii Closing

I heard from a former dancer at Kawaii that it will close permanently on 15 Sept. Cannot confirm at present.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Kawaii Closing

Well I'm not surprised. Although some members here say they go in there I've rarely seen another customer while I've been in there.
    It was another place that never spent a single sating on paint or cleanliness...

Liked

Boyztown is slowly but surely going from three streets to down to one. Sunee seems to be in terminal decline. The reasons for this are not clear because any reason touted applies equally to straights and yet Walking street is as busy and buzzy as ever. I simply don't understand it.

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

goji (September 14th, 2017), llz (September 14th, 2017)

Liked

I don't understand it either. Whilst I don't go around counting straight bars enough to confirm if numbers are stable, growing or shrinking, there are girly bars in many parts of Pattaya & I don't see evidence of closures. Possibly due to not looking hard enough.

Liked

Walking street seems bussy and buzzy but if you look carefully into the bars they are not packed as used to be in the past and the staff working hard to convince customers to come inside .
    I was at BT last July and it was almost a ghost town .I assume the
    endless available boys at the apps and the substantial increasing rates of the drinks and off fees are the main reason of this.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Go down Walking Street and look at the adjacent small sois opposite Marina Disco.

Many, many closed bars and Gogo bars to be seen.

Like Boyztown the main drag (excuse pun) is still very active.

Liked

A straight guy I was talking to said that the ladies are 12-15 years older than they used to be in the bars.

Liked

It will be disappointing if we lose another bar.

It is not just gay bars.
    Pattayaland soi 2 used to have a number of busy lady bars, and one for "ladies".
    Now they are mostly closed.
    The Classroom is one that remains.
    I walked past last night; no customer at 11 pm.
    ..........and that's the way it is.

Liked

The improvement on the Thai economy caused that less boys/girls are willing to work at the bars so we have less attractive and olders staff there also the type of tourists arrive to Thailand is changing more families and less 'sex' tourist.
    I do miss the old days the bars were pack and bussy with lots of attractive boys and great ambience but you can find them now through the apps.

11. User who gave Like to post:

francois (September 14th, 2017)

Liked

The chaperoned Chinese tourist groups are making Walking Street just that-a Walking Street.
    There are other groups too but the obsession is with photos and videos, pointing and taking selfies and groupies but never getting involved and never doing any business.
    You can tell by their giggling and nudging that they've been told that Boyz Town is another must- see creepy place like Believe It Or Not.
    However that explains the "new tourism" but it doesn't explain the demise of the Boy and Girlie bars.
    The increased diversity of employment opportunities for the youth in Thailand has a lot to do with it as has been already mentioned.
    Economic growth puts all Asian countries on a Hong Kong or Singapore -like trajectory.