Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Hero Closing Down?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Hero Closing Down?

It's somewhat ironic given that this forum was recently discussing the closing of single house massage and sauna venues citing higher rents and redevelopment plans now to learn that Hero is closing. There is a notice on the door announcing it will close on May 31. The Singapore forum Blowing Wind has the information along with the explanation that the owner can no longer afford the increasing rents. I am away from Bangkok and can not confirm the news, but Blowing Wind has posted a photo of the notice. Apparently no news if Hero will move to another location.

Can anyone confirm?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Hero Closing Down?

It's confirmed. Not sure if it is a result of considerably overdue rent or rent being substantially increased. Seems there are no plans to relocate which, given what happened to Albury, is probably a good thing if they had plans to keep the business as a going concern. But it's another nail in the coffin of the well-known and well-patronized massage venues close to the city centre.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Not definitely, but can confirm that I've read this also, forgot where-maybe that other forum. As we quite recently discussed-they got an offer too good to not take, which might be slightly different as rising rent. They are searching for a fitting replacement, but its now too soon about where/when.
    I suspect in some other much higher nmbrd sidesoi of sukhumvit-maybe even closer to a BTS-stop. No idea where their prize-team of therapists will find jobs in the in-between.
    BTW-some time ago I hit an ex-worker from them, he was indeed a little past his prime on looks, skilss were excellent-he named it like ''keeloh'', which at first I did not grasp at all.

Liked

This is very depressing news. Hero, from my experience, is the best massage venue in Bangkok by a margin so wide it does not have competion.

Liked

Yep, was there on Monday 23 May, a captain and a guy confirmed they are working at this old place till 31 May. The new place will be at Bearing BTS station. Was given this card:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Forum's veteran
    Liked

funnt how the ad has a blond caucasian....last thing I'm looking for in Thailand...reason I fly here is to seek Asians.

7. User who gave Like to post:

1moRussian (May 28th, 2016)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

It did indeed close and reopen at that new spot-which is not at all very close to Baring/BTS-but maybe not further walk as old hero from Sukh/mouth/NanaBTS.
    The well-known other forum shows some very early reports, which are quite negative-dirty and unkempt unrenovated place, less as 10 ''therapists'' and any oveflow rdiecte to some nearby shorttime HTL. Which reminds me there are in that area also a gay sauna (Safe House) and some reports of other gay services. too far to just go to check. My guess is that most of the odHero-staff defected to Prince.
    Hero still shuns google: a google serach for superhero led to a massage-place in the silicon valley. Only 100US$/hr.
    @latin: somehow I remember that a very, very long time ago either hero or some other place was soliciting bekpek young boys to earn some pocket money an easy way by giving their service at their place. maybe sme plan to attract Asians. or ist just a robbed pic from any poh-site.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I guess I am one of the few who never once visited Hero for a massage. For those who did, would you say the clientele was mostly Thai, mostly farang or a pretty average mix? If Thai, then a move so far past Bearing might make some degree of sense. If farang, then surely the new SuperHero is soon destined for the same fate as Albury! Who is going to bother going that far out unless the massage is spectacular? As it is, though, with the new place not ready, most of the masseurs not being around and massages taking place in a nearby short time establishment, my guess it is already half way down the slippery slope.

I live close to Central and I see dozens of townhouses that have been empty for years. One has been on the market for 4 years now with the same advertised price - Bt. 60,000 per month. I realise there is an almost inbred reluctance of Thais to reduce an asking price, but the owner of that house has now lost more nearly $3 million all told. If he keeps this up, it'll actually cost him money when he finally sells it! I just wonder why the Hero management felt it had to move so far out and thereby risk losing what seems to have been a regular customer base.