List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are there any successful stories regarding the relationships between Thai and Farang

Liked

Are there any successful stories regarding the relationships between Thai and Farang

First, I couldn’t access into my old account for some reasons. It kept saying “you have entered an invalid user name or password” so many times. I really didn’t know what was wrong. Therefore, I decided to sign up a new account.

O.k. let’s get to the point of the thread.

I mean the successful stories that you guys could take your boyfriend to your country. Are you still together now?
    Mine was successful in the beginning in term of visa and being together as a common law partner. I became a permanent resident of Canada because of that. Even though we separated later, but we managed to live together for 5 years.
    I would love to hear about your stories.

I would like to mention that I have signed up with the face book account not long ago; and I post my photos in my album. If anyone would like to chat with me anything over there; please be my guest.

https://www.facebook.com/andykellyrose

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Are there any successful stories regarding the relationships between Thai and Farang

I can't beat 5 years, but I have several Farang/Thai friends who have been together for over 10 years - one couple for 13 years who live in Bangkok and the other 19 years now living in London. Several more couples are in the 5 to 10 years bracket.

I always reckoned age could make a major difference when it comes to a relationship lasting. Yet the two couples mentioned above have age differences of 35 and 27 years respectively.

Liked

Re: Are there any successful stories regarding the relationships between Thai and Farang

You were andygala before. I can provide whatever assistance you need to fix this all up for you.
    Just send me a PM or an email surfcrest@hotmail.com

Surfcrest

Liked

Thank you for your kindness Surfcrest.
    Yes, that's right I was andygala before, but I couldn't sign in that account anymore as I mentioned earlier.

Well, is it o.k. for me to use this account now?

Liked

I was in a 3.5 year relationship with a Thai before, but I would only really consider the first year an actual relationship. The rest was more less a living nightmare.

I know one gay couple here who have been together I think 9 years now, have been to Australia multiple times together (no permanent residency status though), and seem quite happy together. There's quite the age difference, and I think it's more of a father / son relationship these days, but nonetheless, they're both happy with the arrangement.

With a new guy now, I think, or don't really know. I guess we're in a relationship, but my health issues prevent us from actually living it. I don't know, I'm not too concerned about it, as we get on great, and both seem happy with how things are going. No idea what the future holds, but sure, assuming I can get myself healthy again, he's someone I can see myself with for a long time, and I know he's thinking the same thing. There's not many people I can live with, but with him I'm fine, and am 100% perfectly comfortable.

Only two issues with him are, a) there's a 13 year age difference, but the more time he spends living here, the more I think, "who cares?", and b) he's from Laos and his parents are in their late 50s, so were alive for the Vietnam war, hence aren't too fond of farangs. From the sounds of things, definitely not fond of the idea of their son shacking up with one, so not sure how that would play out.
    Last edited by cdnmatt; September 8th, 2016 at 13:41.

Liked

To be short and sweet regarding this topic: I met Suphot while on holidays in 2000 ... but it was my last night in Bangkok (i.e. hardly any time to know anything) . I came back to see him a few months later because I "felt something". I then kept coming back to Thailand on holidays until 2007 ... but in fact, by 2004 we had both acknowledged a couple-dom. I retired in 2007, immediately flew to Thailand and we have been shacked up now for 9 years. So do the math: we've been successfully 'together' now in heart and mind for 16 years.

When we first met he was 31 and I was 53. Now, he's 47 and I am 69. His waist measurement in 2000 was 29 inch and mine was 33 inch ... now for him, it's 33 inch and I am 36 (to my chagrin.)

The OP wrote something about 'success' being measured by taking your Thai boyfriend back to your home country. Well ... I never have given a thought to such an event. I love living in this weird and chaotic country and going back to live in white bread/white picket fence Canada is hardly given thought to. And he is not needy regarding such things. He's a Thai through and through and I doubt he would be at all happy anywhere else.

Still going strong. He's by far the most easy-going man I have ever had the joy to know: low maintenance to a fault. Ridiculously honest (against all the cliches about Thai guys that have been written on these message boards for years), almost always has a smile on his face, and, most importantly, he has been able to put up with me all these years.
    Last edited by Smiles; September 8th, 2016 at 14:11.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

7. 14 Users gave Like to post:

anonone (September 14th, 2016), Aux1010 (September 8th, 2016), BenCH (September 11th, 2016), cdnmatt (September 8th, 2016), christianpfc (September 13th, 2016), colmx (September 13th, 2016), Dax (September 9th, 2016), Dick (September 27th, 2016), dinagam (September 8th, 2016), Khor tose (September 11th, 2016), Nathan B (September 29th, 2016), splinter1949 (September 9th, 2016), steveky (September 9th, 2016), TaoR (September 8th, 2016)

Liked

Twelve years since we met at Lucky Seven. Many worries and not just financial ones....but he's the only one. We'll be in Chiang Mai in a few weeks, Luang Prabang in February and the Gili Islands (near Lombok) in June....variety and respecting each other's space have been crucial.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post

Only two issues with him are, a) there's a 13 year age difference, but the more time he spends living here, the more I think, "who cares?",
    So, he is either about 48 or 22 years old all depending on your age which is mid 30s as posted.. So why would either be a problem?

10. User who gave Like to post:

TaoR (September 8th, 2016)

Liked

8 years for me and I know couples much longer than that, but none of us meet the op's condition of returning and living in our home countries. I do know several cases where the Thai has relocated to America and the couples got married there and are living happily there.

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Khor tose (September 11th, 2016), TaoR (September 8th, 2016)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    So, he is either about 48 or 22 years old all depending on your age which is mid 30s as posted.. So why would either be a problem?
    Yeah, early 20s. Nothing wrong with that, except back when I was active on the gay apps and chatting with people, I was hoping for more of an equal, not a dependent. You know, someone who's been through the ups and downs of life already, has a good job, place to live, etc. Whereas he's still quite new to life, so a little dangerous getting involved in a relationship.

Nonetheless, the more time we spend together, the more we seem to realize we're a good fit for each other, so I don't think either of us have a choice in the matter now. Just enjoy the ride, and see where it takes us. Thankfully, going into this one I know I won't get hurt like the last one. He's just not the type.

14. User who gave Like to post:

TaoR (September 8th, 2016)