Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jomtien Complex

Liked: 1

Jomtien Complex

In an effort to start an uncontroversial topic...does anyone have a preference of the many bars that make up Jomtien Complex? They seem to increase in number by the week...
    Last night, Friday 1st, Sunnee was deserted at 10pm, same in Boyztown around 11pm. Do the crowds arrive late these days or is it just low season?

Thanks!

Liked

Re: Jomtien Complex

Question mark. Good breakfasts at morning, lively place at evening, location in the middle of complex, good view on almost whole complex, mix of all type of boys, boys are local+lao+khmer.

Liked

For me all the bars in Jomtien are the same; the boys entice you in and then ignore you.

4. 3 Users gave Like to post:

catawampuscat (July 5th, 2016), colmx (July 4th, 2016), neddy3 (July 4th, 2016)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    For me all the bars in Jomtien are the same; the boys entice you in and then ignore you.
    If a host bar has an existing party, or other table where it's all happening, the boys seem to prioritise drinking & having fun, rather than figuring out if they can make some money from the new arrival. So I much prefer gogo bars.

Jomtien doesn't quite do it for me. Sometimes I eat there, then slowly walk up past the bars. I still end up in Boyztown or Sunnee.

Liked

On my last two trips I averaged 20% of my offs from Jomtien. That is likely to increase as more straight boys start working there.

Liked

I have always like the complex,going back over many years.It did have a go go bar once called Rock Hard Boys.It was very very small.There is a sameness to all the bars now but still a great place to visit.

Liked

I'd rather not think that the boys ignore you deliberately.
    The foreign Jomtian boys have a different demeanor perhaps because they don't want appear too eager, especially the newbies. Bear in mind that the turnover of new recruits is high.
    From my own experience the boys were only waiting for an affirmative signal from me to invite them to sit beside me. With drinks being so cheap I don't mind having company. Conversation in English with the new boys is a touch and go affair unless one speaks some Thai.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by dinagam View Post
    I'd rather not think that the boys ignore you deliberately.
    The foreign Jomtian boys have a different demeanor perhaps because they don't want appear too eager, especially the newbies. Bear in mind that the turnover of new recruits is high.
    From my own experience the boys were only waiting for an affirmative signal from me to invite them to sit beside me. With drinks being so cheap I don't mind having company. Conversation in English with the new boys is a touch and go affair unless one speaks some Thai.
    I agree that the Jomtien bar boys really only wait for an affirmative signal to sit for a drink. Visited Jomtien from Sth Pattaya over the weekend as my Thai trip is still on going, and in terms of bars with plenty of staff and a good atmosphere Jomtien is more upbeat than he Sth Pattaya areas at the moment. Sure there are no Agogo bars and there is nothing extreme/standing out to differentiate many from each other, but still each has its small difference from the next, be it because you find certain staff members more appealing for whatever reason in one or the other, or the style, BM has more manly men Cambodian boys, Dolce Vita has its 3 times a week buffet, Sun bar has a large contingent of mixed men/gay/femme etc.. But like dinagam I find them all inviting and while they are very very keen to join you, the staff seem to understand it's better to wait until invited. I personally find the interaction in the Jomtien Complex bars much more lively than the Sth Pattaya areas.

As for the OP enquiry of preference of bars in Jomtien, as already suggested there is no single outstanding difference between them apart from the style or individual staff members and the only way to find that out is by visiting a few of the bars yourself. My experience was different to Francois who always tells it as he sees it, I cant say I was ignored in any of the bars, every bar the waiters either chatted, approached and asked if everything was ok for me if sitting alone which I sometimes do as I catch up with Sms's/messages etc.. but certainly I found in all the bars the staff made it clear they were keen to sit with you.

Liked

Twenty years of visits and I've never been to Jomtien in the evening so....an important question for me is this; are busses easily available at 2300 or so? I have noted long queues at the temple for those travelling in the opposite direction, at least in the high season, such as it is.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Some of the boys can be very push/pro-active, they know how to work their stuff. Others are simply just not in the zone, maybe they are tired.