List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thai's complaining of the lack of tourist.

Liked

Thai's complaining of the lack of tourist.

When I was in thailand, many of my Thai friends were containing about the lack of Taurus as many of my friends have work related to the tourist industry. I felt bad telling them that Thailand is becoming expensive.

Explain to them that with the spread of smartphones and the Internet the value of things are easy to compare to what they will be charged in their home country and it is often found that goods Entertainment is much more expensive in Thailand then it may be in their home country or another country.

I told them that many are trying other countries.

Am I mistaken? Is it the nightlife prices that are scary many of the red light district tourist away?

These are the good'ol days

Liked

Re: Thai's complaining of the lack of tourist.

Many tourists stop coming, due to the bad, badder and baddest image Thailand has gotten over the years.

This is some what a "natural" consequence, because overtime all gets more expensive, but the service gets worse (not only in the paid sex department, but overall).
    The second (and third) generation of farangs is now coming, but due to internet and more knowledge and other countries offering the same (as Thailand was 10-20+ years ago - the good old days, as we oldies like to say) the new generations of farangs don't stick to Thailand, just visit a few days and move on to other Asian countries (and afterwards maybe never come Thailand again).
    Thailand has gotten a lot more UN-Safe over the years. 10-20+ years ago I felt safe walking anywhere around, not anymore.
    Thais in tourist area's have made to clear that we are just a walking ATM to be taken advantage of (always was like that, but not obvious as it is now).

Besides these 4 reason, I am sure there are more, depends who you ask.

Long story short, Thailand has had it's best time and will always be a holiday/expat destination, but never as before.
    Since Thailand is not ready (for many many many years) for the real high class tourists, which they say daily/weekly they want, they will have to do with horny fuckers, Chinese and Russians.

It is easy to say the Thais fucked it up themselves, but no, it is a natural process.
    Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam are nice alternatives, even Philippines is not to bad.
    [B][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=3]Life has no remote.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]Get up and change it yourself.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Liked

Dear Buck.

Did you proof-read this before you sent it? It would seem not.
    Unless you enunciate very clearly, these voice-to-print dictation gadgets are very unreliable. :-o
    [i][color=#0000FF]"One day our descendants will think it incredible that we paid so much attention to things like the amount of melanin in our skin, or the shape of our eyes, or our gender, instead of the unique identities of each of us as complex human beings."
    ~ Franklin Thomas[/color][/i]

Forum's veteran
    Liked

nah...from a pure sex tourist viewpoint it is still the best value for money/quality one can find. Some places do come close like Brazil....but Thailand is definitely safer/easier/cheaper.
    If I throw clubbing into the mix then Brazil comes out tops, brilliant gay clubs with gorgeous gogo dancers/strippers....but if its sex one is after then Thailand is still tops.
    To date have not felt unsafe walking the streets...even staggering home after 3am.

Liked

Sorry about the dictation......

Latin, I will let you know what I find in Mexico after my employer sends me there for a week or two in January or February. I was hoping to visit Brazil or the Dominican Republic but with this trip to Mexico I think I will be over my desire to visit a Latin country. It will be all work but I will depend on grindr and jacked to make my nights fun.
    These are the good'ol days

I assumed it was a story about Taurus the Bull (Buffalo)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

old farang, think u r being a bit harsh on the thais....not all in the tourist area see farangs as walking ATMs.

Liked

Some Thais are simply wonderful. They talk, walk, & even sleep with their walking ATMs.

Liked

My regular in Pattaya and they guys at Eros always complain about the lack of tourists. I basically repeat what Bucky and old farang said: many tourists have now discovered sex in neighbouring countries and choose to go there instead. Many don't come back. I found many of the guys on those countries just as ruthless when it comes to squeezing every last dollar out of me - Mr Bubblebutt in Phnom Pehn immediately springs to mind - but somehow they do it with a little more....um...finesse.

Drinks in Thailand are a lot more expensive, but I don't drink all that much so it doesn't bother me. And the tips the guys want seem fair and reasonable to me, given the higher cost of living in Thailand.

Overall, Thailand is still very cheap, except when bars charge 450 baht for a drink when they don't have a show.

Liked

The problem is that as the number of gay falangs in Boyztown and Sunee decreases - and this has been a continuous process for a number of years- it creates its own vicious circle. The less vibrant these places become, the fewer falangs will go.

I was there two weeks ago, as I always am in September/ October. There were times when I found the experience depressing, despite the ministrations of my Tee-rak. The workers looked fed-up; the bars all but deserted. I don't bother with bars very much now but there were a few occasions when he went to bed early and I wanted to revisit the "good old days" by spending thirty minutes in a go go bar. The highest number of punters I found was six. Often, when I looked in, there were none at all. You know the scene....a guy outside will welcome you, open the door with a flourish and clap his hands to wake-up the dancers who'd been sitting around morosely in a deserted bar. Yes; depressing.