Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Thai Tourist Visa.

Thai Tourist Visa.

I have visited Pennang three times for Thai Tourist visa's and found it very user friendly. I will be off to Cambodia in about a month to go to Siem Reap and wonder if anyone has advice on getting a tourist visa for Thailand from Phnom Penh. I know there is a consulate or embassy there but I cannot find it when 'googling'. Any problems, pitfalls?

They are a very NOTORIOUS embassy. They only want to deal with Thais in Cambodia and Cambodians. BAD CHOICE.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php ... nh+embassy

Thanks!

Thank you Thaiquila. I really wish I didn't have to go to Penang again, I was trying to avoid the trip but hey ho!

If you only need a single entry, the embassy in Kuala Lumpur is OK to deal with. Tourist visa very easy but there is a long wait for service because lots of Malaysians need visas. Much more gay life in KL than Penang.

Liked

Penang reportedly has changed its practice -- new boss!

I have heard from several sources that Penang consulate is no longer kind to foreigners seeking more than the simplest tourist visa. No multiple entry visas any more, I am told, even when using the services of the guys who previously seemed to have no problem getting almost anything they asked if you hired them to handle your request. Reportedly a new head of the section has taken over who is opposed to multiple entry visas. I don't know this positively, but have it on good authority from a couple of different correspondents. I am told they will still give tourist visas, but multiple entry visas are apparently out, now.

G.P.

On Thaivisa the word was the usual guy went on vacation, and it is now back to normal (multis given). No guarantees, but a single entry should still be easy and that can be extended an extra month in Thailand to make it three months.