Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hiring a Thai Employee

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Hiring a Thai Employee

The Idea has crossed my mind to hire someone in Thailand as a remote worker to do task work online.

I thought that while I'm there, it might be a good opportunity to meet and interview people.

Anyone have any experience doing this?

I need someone with skills similar to a bookkeeper or teller. All work would be done online on the internet though.

They'd also have to be trustworthy.

Are there young guys willing to do this sort of work?

How much pay will they expect?

How would you go about finding people like this ( while I'm there) ?

check out http://gaysexthailand.com every day

Liked

Re: Hiring a Thai Employee

I have lots of experience interviewing Thai staff ... and based on the description of the job you want done all I can do is wish you good luck! The work ethic here is very very different!

On a different note who exactly will be the employer and take care of things such as social payments and taxes?
    There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I saw that earlier post. Wanted, punctual, honest, count money and do the books, employee in Thailand...... sorry after a through check of all residents my computer shows minus 4! :laughing3:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Not too encouraging.

To answer your question, it would be me. Just need one employee.

Here, someone would get $15 per hour minimum for similar work.

But since this would entirely be coning out of my pocket, the pay would have to be minimal. That's why I haven't hired anyone here.

Liked

I had (and still have) some office work to do which consists in a few hours copying and pasting sentences (English and Thai) from internet to a word document and formatting it. I asked a Thai friend and he agreed to do it for me (I think I offered 100 Baht per hour). I showed him what to do and all seemed clear. About two weeks later (back from holiday), I asked about the progress, and there were some problems. We wrote to and fro for about two weeks, even involving his Farang boss (who is a friend of mine as well), finally I gave up because I realized it will not work.

This is my only experience in having a Thai doing office work for me. I might try again (the same job) with another computer-literate friend.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Do you think it was a matter of him not being capable.... or him not being "trained" well enough.... or him just being too lazy to do it....?

That's why I was wondering about trying to set something like this up while I am there in person. While I'm physically there, I could train him myself personally. I think I would be able to tell, almost instantly, whether he would be able to handle the tasks or not. It's very routine and rote work. :sleepy2:

Liked

well you obviously don't like or wish to ignore teh comments here from peopel who actually run a business in Thailand, so let me refine my advice.

Go ahead and do it and let us know how you get on!
    There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Liked

I have no idea why my attempt failed, it was a matter of simple computer literacy.

If you do it, you have to supervise for a bit to check everything goes right and make sure he continues work while you are still in Thailand for holiday so you can meet again in order to solve any problems that might occur; and in general make sure he does the job quick before he forgets what to do.

Liked

Have you thought about employing a farang? I'd say there's a few guys there on a relatively low pension that might appreciate a few extra Baht each month.
    A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Christianpfc
    This is my only experience in having a Thai doing office work for me. I might try again (the same job) with another computer-literate friend.
    In case you do, could I make a few suggestions that you may find helpful:
    1) Don't tell your employee that the job is simple. Tell him you appreciate it is quite demanding, but you know he can do it.
    2) Tell him that the work is important, but you are confident you can trust him with it.
    3) Don't wait two weeks to check. Two days is more like it. Not a complete progress review, just a quick "How's it going?"
    4) If things are wrong, don't just say "it's wrong". Say it's good, but not quite what you wanted and ask for changes to be made.