Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Talk farang-thai and Thai friend speaking and thinking

Talk farang-thai and Thai friend speaking and thinking

I would to ask to you if someday you had a problem with your BF's Thai friends.
    When you have a BF or a very "good friend" or a good relationship, when sometimes you have problem with him or different with point of view, what is the "weight" of his friends's thinking.
    And even for taking decision, or before to choose something what his the importance of what his friend say, even he say "I can choose or decide by myself, I am not a Buffalo".
    It's so strange sometimes how he can change mind, Or doing the inverse of what him say night before, or how he can change his way to see project we had before, or even for what him need or want really.
    I know when guy work in Gogo, in Bar, or in group, they speak all the time, I know how is difficult to loose face for them but what the real "freedom" he has to make his own choice ?
    PS: I hope you can understand what I mean and sorry if my english is not so good

Liked
    Hoping someone else will chime in, but:

For a lot of guys, peers replace family...sometimes even permanantly. This is a phenomenon that also occurs in the west, so isn't that hard to understand or relate to.

I'm also sure that among friends there is much free-flowing 'advice'. Just as we see it on these boards it may be well-meaning, but prejudiced concerning farang-thai relationships.

Even if I knew more about your guy (background, occupation, age) I couldn't get more specific. I do think until your relationship with him becomes stronger than that he has with his friends, you will continue to have 'them' in your life whether you want it or not. Really...unless theri advice is 'bad' they can be your allies...assuming all your advice is good.

Liked
    Agree with Dave's general comments.

By and large, the comments of my bf's friends have been helpful - much like the comments of all friends tend to help smooth away the rough edges (friends not usually being shy to bluntly say what they think). I think I've grown a bit timid in offering constructive criticism to my bf.....but his friends sure as hell aren't (too often I find myself saying "damn, wish I had said that!).

But, like all friends in life, I'm sure there are times they butt in where they don't belong or say something stupid. I do it myself occasionally (and probably too often). Just human nature in my book.

Liked
    I don't remember my bf being directly influenced by his thai friends. But he now is out of the go-go scene for many years. For sure his days as a go-go boy infused him with the idea that all farang have more money then brains.
    It is said, "a slave cannot serve two masters". Aussi a bar boy cannot serve both you and his clients and also his friends?