List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where's the best Full English breakfast in Pattaya?

Liked

Where's the best Full English breakfast in Pattaya?

I was inspired by an entry on Gay Affairs Pattaya's Blog, to look for the best English Breakfast in town. It's hard to find a good one in Pattaya. Getting the flavour of the sausage right is one problem for a start. Frying eggs well isn't that easy for Thai cooks. I'm after suggestions of places to try and visit. I'll collect them all and publish results of "taste tests" as I go along.

So far on the list I have:
    Pig & Whistle Second Road Soi 7
    Palmers in Boyztown
    Canterbury Tales in Soi Chaiaprook? (They have black pudding as part of the feast - YUMMY)
    Sea Fresh in Thapraya near Soi 7.

If anyone has any other ideas of places to try, please let me know. it would help if you can tell me where they are too. The requirement is for the place to do a "Full English", with sausage etc.

Assuming my waistline and wallet can stand it, I'll report back when I can!

Nicky

Breakfast at Palmers - thanks to Gay Affairs Pattaya - 155B with a mug of tea.

[color=#000080]For all the up-to-date news, stories and all the gossip on my blog - [url=http://www.nickysgaythailand.com/gay-blog]NickysGayBlog.com[/url] For reviews of gay venues, bars, accommodation, restaurants - [url=http://www.nickysgaythailand.com/gay-thailand]NickysGayThailand.com[/url][/color]

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Where's the best Full English breakfast in Pattaya?

Being right across the street from Palmers and I have never done their English Breakfast and that looks good!

Pattaya beer garden on pier at end of beech road where it joins walking street...breakfast is good there

Liked

When in Pattaya, I have a cooked English breakfast with a couple of English friends nearly every day. Each of us has our own idea of what constitutes a good breakfast and there is animated discussion every morning as to where we should eat. The Coffee Club on the ground floor of Royal Garden Plaza and the Caf├й Royale in Pattayaland Soi 3 get more repeat breakfast business than other establishments from us. Apart from the food and service, both venues offer an air-conditioned, smoke-free eating area, and a comfortable fan-cooled area outside for the smokers to enjoy an after-breakfast cigarette and coffee.

Liked

I really like the breakfast at the coffee shop in Baan Dok Mai Guesthouse, Pattaya. I think they have some of the best bacon I have ever seen and tasted in Thailand. Not too fat, but crispy.
    Well, I don't remember if I ordered a "full english" breakfast, but I am sure you can get it.

My vote goes to Palmers - other places in Thailand often do not offer a proper sausage and the bacon is often very fatty!
    Palmer offers a good fat banger and meaty bacon, and a good sized mug of hot tea.

Having said that, the English breakfast (like everything else English) is decidedly inferior to the Scottish variety which comprises up to 3 courses:

1. Porridge - made with real oats, not that instant stuff which looks and tastes like wallpaper paste. The only permissible addition is SALT - certainly not sugar or honey or jam etc! If you are taking the breakfast experience seriously, it is de rigueur to enjoy a nip of malt whisky with your porridge - hence when top-end hotels in Scotland offer a buffet type breakfast you'll find a bottle of malt whisky positioned by the porridge pot - it's not just for show and the great news is the whisky in such situations is FREE!
    2. Smoked haddock/smoked salmon with poached or scrambled egg.
    3. Cooked breakfast as the "Full English" - but minus the baked beans and with the addition of black pudding, white pudding, often a square or flat sausage instead of a"link", and always a fried potato scone.

Unfortunately, nowhere is this offered in Pattaya and although there is a Scottish bar near the Paradise Centre in Phuket I doubt he offers the real thing as he is from Edinburgh :duel:

Now if DaBoss wishes to start a Scottish Breakfast club, I am available for hire and work cheap! :evil4:

:occasion9:

Liked: 1

English Breakfast you say? Which I now see is different than typical USA breakfast. I can only say that serving eggs sunny side up should have a yolk to dip and not cooked through.Scrambled eggs should be light and fluffy and yellow. Throw away that ham slice or whatever it is and that tasteless this that is called a sausage. Find bacon that isn't crispy and boring but chewy and awesome. Toast that arrives hot and buttered along with jelly that you don't have to peel apart. How about orange juice that comes from an orange. Oh yes...home fries...moist and slightly crunchy with appropriate seasoning already How about a cup of coffee that does not burn out your insides and a napkin not the size of a postage stamp...maybe the whole sheet.
    Let's see what else.Of course a cute server and lots of customers inside, like me, who are really enjoying our fare. What does it cost. No idea but it would be nice to find that place along the roadway and not in some hotel setting. Maybe that is what I will do should I decide to open up shop and not need to make a cent but to provide a great breakfast that most would love to have regularly.

Now where do I click to get out of this Fantacy Land page. :dontknow:

Billy

Liked

During my recent holiday, I often ate at the Baywatch Diner on Beach Road (Walking St. end). Scrambled eggs and crispy bacon, good coffee and a nice view of the sea. A good way to start the day.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Quote Originally Posted by joe552
    During my recent holiday, I often ate at the Baywatch Diner on Beach Road (Walking St. end). Scrambled eggs and crispy bacon, good coffee and a nice view of the sea. A good way to start the day.
    I've often eaten there and find it good for quick food - but for their Breakfast or their Sausage & Mash, they serve "fake" sausages (almost like a bloated frankfurter - not what would be considered a pork or beef "sausage" anywhere in the UK).

:occasion9:

Liked

never had their sausages, scottish-guy, so can't comment. but it's more the location I like rather than it being a great breakfast.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.