Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Boys are deserting Pattaya

Liked

Why Boys are deserting Pattaya

I am not surprised by the latest visits reportsabout lack guys at the bars.

In the past 2 weeks I have heard from ex-pattaya guys both working at the bars and clubs that either they are leaving to their villages or most of them have gone to Bangkok looking for jobs.

I have never heard of such a large scale migration of sex workers from Pattaya.

Have I not written about Rebranding/Restructuring/Reforming the gay business in Pattaya 6 months ago. Times have changed. Expectations of "Y" generations are different for the "Baby-Boomers".

Hear me out, this is just the start unless you get innovative. Don't be like RIM. Their shares are less than 10 Dollars today ....... matter of time before they are shut down.

Have some business sense and change. Otherwise get out and make room for innovative investors.

Have fun guys arty

Liked

Re: Why Boys are deserting Pattaya

Isn't it time you stopped flogging this particular dead horse? :dontknow:

I don't know what you're hoping to achieve, but your periodic rants about the death of Pattaya are just boring now.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

"Make room for innovative investors"???
    You really think there are a mass of such people just waiting to be invited to do business in Pattaya? From entrepeneurs I know if there is an opening they do it, with no regard for existing traders.
    If you have a magic formula...please do share
    or maybe Mr Slave Driver you are going to surprise us and open up your own successful business to bring innovation to the market?

How can you expect to be taken seriously when you talk of RIM to a bunch of queens?

arty

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by SlaveDriver
    Don't be like RIM. Their shares are less than 10 Dollars today ....... matter of time before they are shut down.
    Who or what?

Liked

Talking to a friend of mine in Bangkok, things are not so great there either. He is a guide and this year I heard him mention too many times that there were not many tourist.

I think Pattaya is serving as a warning of things to come in the gay vacation areas of Thailand. It does not help that the baht is strong and the vendors are demanding a larger amount for their goods and services.

This is also the online age and people are being sent im's and emails of love from people much closer than Thailand.

There are even places that drug users can go and use drugs, get sex and not have to worry about life in prison.

The Internet has made the world a smaller place and has shown a light on closer destinations that offer what that particular traveler is looking for.

Now maybe there are not a lot of Thai guys in the bars but there are a hell of a lot of them online.
    These are the good'ol days

Liked

Thailand's economy is booming, and the middle class is expanding. Number of tourists is also down. Why stick around?

Liked

growing middle class in BKK has lead to so many saunas springing up. Why pay guys who blatantly do not want to have sex with you when there are real gay guys (office workers, military, uni students) in BKK searching for a good time without pay.

"It does not help that the baht is strong" I think it must be the American dollar that is weak my dollar is still getting 32 baht and has been around that level for months and months.

Liked

I'm waiting for the days to return of when I was getting 41 baht to the dollar.
    These are the good'ol days