Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Singapore Suggestions

Liked

Singapore Suggestions

Happy weekend to all! Listen, I am considering a quick trip to Singapore and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on cheap flights or gay happenings. I know there isn't a huge gay community -- and I am not looking for any sex tourism. I am just interested in supporting gay businesses -- ie: bar/restaurants, bed & breakfasts/hotels, etc.

Any and all help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Fondly,
    Chris

www.niddysnook.com
    ** Send money to a Thailand friend fast and cheap **
    (see our on-line store for details)

Not a huge gay community? I guess you haven't been to Singapore in a while!

CHINATOWN

The majority of bars are located in the Chinatown vicinity. You may therefore want to consider staying in that area. I would recommend The Scarlet Hotel, a stunning gay-friendly boutique hotel ideally located a short walk from two MRT stations, Club Street, Food Street and a number of the gay bars. At S$185 plus taxes per room per night The Scarlet is probably not cheap by Thailand standards but excellent value as Singapore hotels go. Website www.thescarlethotel.com

I don't think Chris has sold enough Niddy burgers to stay there.

If on a budget, I recommend staying in the whore and food district of GEYLANG (not at all gay) and take the subway everywhere (can taxi home after midnight). Decent room can be had there under USD 40.

The Amara Hotel is a 4 star hotel also in China town near the gay bars.. and right next to the MRT station. I think I paid about $85 per night for a Hugh nice room with separate tub and shower. First class all the way. The BF and I found the gay nightlife to be closeted and quiet (compared to thailand) and also very "sticky".

Likewise

We usually visit Singapore in December/January and mid March and have always found the bars to be very quiet. Perhaps we go out too early and leave too early?

My Singapore suggestion - WMD?

It's such a wonderfully gay-friendly place they hold "the Nation" party outside.

So they're more liberal at the moment - believe me, it's a cycle.

The Welyn Garden City of the tropics.

Liked

Great!

Thanks for all the great information! I'll report back after my trip and let you know what I saw!

Cheers!
    -Chris