Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Recent Trip Report Pattaya

Liked

Recent Trip Report Pattaya

I am enjoying my visit to Pattaya. It is significantly less crowded than previous years at hotels,bars, and the beach. There has also been significant change to the bars. Some closed, some new, some same-same.
    My opinions are:

BEST VARIETY OF HANDSOME BOYS; Funny Boys Bar- I always find this bar to be friendly,with cute guys, nice atmosphere (I did not see any smoking), lighting, and music, not pushy, and seems to have a larger crowd than the other bars and also more boys. Mammasan seems to manage things very well.

MOST FRIENDLY BAR WITH GOOD DRINK SPECIALS : Happy Place Bar - handsome and friendly boys here also, but fewer.

BEST DANCERS : X-Boys seemed to have the most energetic dancers, also with nice variety of boys. Friendly and attractive guys.

MOST SENIOR GUYS - Boyz Boyz.

MOST MUSCULAR GUYS: A-Bomb always seems to win this award from me. Many handsome and muscular guys. The downside for me is that this bar has the most smoke-filled atmosphere and I can't tolerate it for long. Good visibility of the stage. Good staff. Many of the boys trickle in a bit later at this bar.

Copa Bar seemed only a shadow of it's former self as did Wild West Boys. When I visited (early or later) I saw 4 boys on stage each time at Copa.

The other bars see less traffic and have a different variety of boys so you may still find them worth visiting depending what you are looking for. Cupidol, Lucky 777, Kwai Boys, David, Toy Boys, and a few others I just peeked in.
    Dream Boys and Dynamite Boys are closed.

If you burn your neighbors house down, it doesn't make your house look any better. - Lou Holtz

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Recent Trip Report Pattaya

beaches are absolutely packed....unfortunately mostly with russians....who don't tend to mix with other tourists...nice eye candy though...but can they drink????
    Have been here for 3 days and had a ton of fun....and dirt...dirt cheap.....especially sunee plaza...gave up on boyztown after catching bthe fuck show at x-boys...almost felt like leaping onto the stage to help them out...

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by adman5000
    I am enjoying my visit to Pattaya. It is significantly less crowded than previous years at hotels,bars, and the beach. There has also been significant change to the bars. Some closed, some new, some same-same.

Copa Bar seemed only a shadow of it's former self as did Wild West Boys. When I visited (early or later) I saw 4 boys on stage each time at Copa.
    I feel the difference between Kevin Quills operation and the current is, Kevin ran it as a business and worked hard at it.

My impression of Copa and Venue is they have money to burn and run their businesses as a hobby. They have no interest in the customer in fact they probably get in the way of staging their shows.
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

Liked

Have to agree that Venue seems to not be interested in making money. It is well known that you can usually find Venue staff still in uniform, late night is South Road food stalls where a lot of waiting and go go boys also call in for a meal on the way home. Many expats find this a happy hunting ground for cheaper sex with no off fee.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by witchhunt
    Have to agree that Venue seems to not be interested in making money. It is well known that you can usually find Venue staff still in uniform, late night is South Road food stalls where a lot of waiting and go go boys also call in for a meal on the way home. Many expats find this a happy hunting ground for cheaper sex with no off fee.
    You can't 'off' staff from The Venue ...
    There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Liked: 1

Quote Originally Posted by lonelywombat
    Quote Originally Posted by adman5000

I feel the difference between Kevin Quills operation and the current is, Kevin ran it as a business and worked hard at it.

My impression of Copa and Venue is they have money to burn and run their businesses as a hobby. They have no interest in the customer in fact they probably get in the way of staging their shows.
    Yes, well we all know how the copa received their money to "burn" and i agree, i so loved Kevin & Marshas's show's, it was such a thrill to watch "when i'm cleaning windows" and "the birdie song" classy! and bearing in mind "copa" is only about 2 or 3 years old, how can it be a shadow of it's former self?

I loved "Donald Where's Your Troosers?" and I fancied it was a personal homage that Kevin ordered to be staged whenever I arrived.

Don't burst my bubble - bitch!

:occasion9:

Liked

The difference the Copa has from Throbb is that Throbb often included the audience in on the show with some hot guys climbing about the guests and and having some good natured fun with them. You never knew when it would happen or who would be selected. And if there was ever anyone to be poked fun at in the show, it was never directed towards the guest, but at the full figured entertainer who was a true one of a kind talent and a delight to watch.

I also remember Throbb as having a dedicated golden haired leading man who I tended to lust after.

Also the stage in Throbb use to be in the center of the bar and you were almost an arms length away from the gogo guy or the performers. The new bar has everyone far removed from the customers. Now I do like the new bar but I miss the old welcoming feel of the old bar.

In the past the shows at Throbb were something special that could only be found there. Now the shows put on at the Copa are shows that can be found at almost any gay drag bar in Thailand.

But this is just my own opinion.
    These are the good'ol days

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bucknaway
    The difference the Copa has from Throbb is that Throbb often included the audience in on the show with some hot guys climbing about the guests and and having some good natured fun with them. You never knew when it would happen or who would be selected. And if there was ever anyone to be poked fun at in the show, it was never directed towards the guest, but at the full figured entertainer who was a true one of a kind talent and a delight to watch.

I also remember Throbb as having a dedicated golden haired leading man who I tended to lust after.

Also the stage in Throbb use to be in the center of the bar and you were almost an arms length away from the gogo guy or the performers. The new bar has everyone far removed from the customers. Now I do like the new bar but I miss the old welcoming feel of the old bar.

In the past the shows at Throbb were something special that could only be found there. Now the shows put on at the Copa are shows that can be found at almost any gay drag bar in Thailand.

But this is just my own opinion.
    I loved Throbb but Copa is completely new and I think the best stage..I have always liked their shows although one or two of the performers are very predictable and a bit stale..Kevin knew how to please his customers and it showed.