We had a couple of friends from my bfs village with us for the first 3-4 days for their very first trip to Pattaya, a gay 19 year old, and slightly older katoey. So the requests were to see shows, shows with ladyboys/lipsync, agogo bars and late night clubs.

Took them to WWB at showtime, everybody enjoyed the show, nothing really different for us but the Indian-asian songs/dances and the korean/chinese skits were a change from the norm. Not many people in unfortunately.

Then to BzBzBz as the Copa show had finished. Our friends enjoyed here probably because of the first-time excitement, we were bored...same old numbers both in personnel and songs. One or two old songs are ok, but after a few of the same format it just gets dreary. There were a few asian customers in, far from packed but enough to look busy. I didn't even notice the changes inside until pointed out to me. Basically the bar has been moved at the back to the right, that's about it. Waiters and mamasans etc....all the same as before....attitude same as before 'tip for me?' hate that begging demands, Agogo boys not my cup of tea.

Best fun for all was Happy Place, at least they are trying different stuff. I enjoyed the B-Boys routine, it's one thing seeing them on the street from a distance but you can really appreciate their dance skill and strength very close-up on stage. The other parts of the show were excellent too. Our two out-of-town friends really enjoyed the erotic segment and got a bit of a surprise as I did at the erections on show. Bar was packed with a few females in, had a good atmosphere with the gogo boys sitting around interacting with some customers. We opened a bottle of 100 Pipers at Bt1200 inc mixers which gave quite a few drinks for the four of us and the waiter as well as a glass here and there including to M the co-owner/manager who circulated around making sure customers were ok. Stayed for quite a while as the boys were enjoying themselves, so the bottle is definitely a great idea if staying for more than our usual 30 mins per bar when on a pub-crawl.

Unfortunately justme was unable to be at the bar the nights we were there so have yet to meet him. Maybe next time. Everybody in our company also thought there was a good selection of available guys on stage and in the bar to suit all tastes. I've given HP good reviews before and some might see this one as baised but i just report as i see it, and in comparison to what else is available in the Patayaland 1-3 sois its no contest with Happy Place out in front. The two guys with us had never been around Pattaya ever before and that was their opinion also. We also went to Lucky 7 which was ok, had plenty of available guys, and up to Dynamite where we were the only customers, again plenty of available guys keen to make eye contact. Cupidol had a couple of stunners on stage and again the boys not dancing were keen to interact.

Overall still fairly quiet during October in Pattayaland sois, Oscars and Serene quieter than Panorama which has it's usual good quota of regulars. Helps to have waiter staff retained here for a few years and are very efficient as well as good fun.

Sunee was busier than Pattayaland, but not exactly jumping. Enjoyed the usual early evening visits to All Of Me, who had a karaoke and live act the night i visited and had a very good atmosphere with fun waiters.....Corner Bar as usual had a steady supply of customers with great staff, glad the hear it has been sold and likely to remain as the same format. The guys at Yaya's are good fun too and the weekly cocktail, watermelon-something, was excellent, and only Bt90! Crazy Pub was a great laugh too with Ball and a couple of the waiters from Forest Bar there now. Forest Bar was its usual laid back self, but some very cute boys working and hanging around here. Visited Nice Boys and Micmy to catch up with a couple friends and both bars esp Nice Boys very lively, plenty of customers and good fun. Saw a few boys being taken off from Nice Boys and plenty of tips going about. Consistantly good this bar.

Was disappointed the old La Cage was not up and running still looked a long way off completion on passing. Montys offered up some good snack food and reasonable drink prices, always worth a look in by. Had a seat and drink at a few of the less popular beer bars such as New Queens just for a change but nothing to report that is better than the bars at the Corner Bar area, Come-in, Sky Bar, Corner Bar, Yayas all busy. Happy Boys had a few customers and again very willing boys to interact and lark around. A few customers on the upper floor too.

All-in-all not that much change from my last visit in June. Just hope high season brings in a good bit of revenue for the gay businesses but the foreign office advise of only making essential travel to Thailand won't be helping.