Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: How to avoid being killed traveling

Forum's veteran
    Liked

How to avoid being killed traveling

Heh... I thought it was funny they used a photo of the 2010 Bangkok protests/riots as the header image for this article:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    From: http://www.smh.com.au/travel/how-to-avo ... 1gsoj.html

(Photo: www.smh.com.au)

How to avoid being killed: a traveller's guide

If you plan to join a riot, carry a motorcycle helmet.

If you're kidnapped treat your captors with respect, being aggressive won't help you.

If you need to keep fingers and feet sterilised for a short period of time use condoms.

Author Rosie Garthwaite has picked up some handy hints over the years working as a journalist in the Middle East.

She's sharing them in her new book, How to Avoid Being Killed in a War Zone: The Essential Survival Guide for Dangerous Places.

"I made a lot of mistakes when I started at the age of 22. I not only put myself in danger, but put a lot of people around me in danger.

"What would happen is I would do something life-threatening and then go to a bar several weeks later and someone would say, `of course everyone knows that's a sure-fire way to get yourself killed'.

"How do you find out about this stuff?

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/travel/how-to-avo ... z1S0IHtL6J

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liked

Re: How to avoid being killed traveling

Having read the article on the SMH link, I will definitely now make sure to hide my handbag in my boot.