Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avoid Filou Bar

Avoid Filou Bar

The owner of the Filou bar must be one of the nastiest men in Pattaya.

Last week, I sat at one of the outdoor tables and had very pleasant conversations with a number of boys. I bought them all drinks and ended up offing one of them two nights in a row. The owner was not in evidence. He was tending to the show taking place inside.

This week, hoping to repeat the pleasant experience, I returned, sat down at a table, and began talking to one of the boys whose acquaintance I had made the week before. I hadnтАЩt been there more than two minutes when the owner, a rude and abrasive German, moved two customers from the bar directly to the table I was sitting at. He sat them down next to me and told the boy to talk to them. When I asked why, he loudly said I hadnтАЩt bought a drink. I found that highly embarrassing. As I said, I had been at the table less than two minutes and no one had taken my order. I certainly had not intended to sit there without having a drink.

I was not only shocked at his rudeness to me, but by the snarling, ugly way he told the boy to speak to the (German) customers who had usurped my table. The boy was deeply upset, and so were his mates. It seems like the owner regularly forces them to chat with customers that he chooses. He treats his staff like animals.

This man has no respect for his customers or his boys. Unless you want to find out how the Gestapo would run a boy bar, stay away from Filou.

BBRIDGE

yep

Hi Brook' bridge, I know the guy you mean. I once had a run in with him myself. Tried almost the same with me, but i told him to behave or reap the wind that followed. Im 6'6 tall and am 244lbs so he new when to back off. I didnt see him the rest of the night. The boy with me said he always trys to look big in front of his German friends.
    Anyway i just upped and left, never to return,

Liked: 1
    They don't change do they ( The Germans) they tried to take over Europe twice and failed They are trying to take over Pattaya and will fail.
    Don't try to hold in farts - they travel up your spine and into your brain and that is where shitty ideas come from.

Liked: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by allieb
    They don't change do they ( The Germans) they tried to take over Europe twice and failed They are trying to take over Pattaya and will fail. I think this cunt from Filou should be packed off on a train to the showers.
    So you are not better than the NAZI's , sad .
    Ofcourse I go with other Falang, it's my job, but you are the only one I love :)

I give you my undying, unending promise to avoid that bar ..

... along with every other bar in Pattaya (not to mention Niddy's Nook and the hambugger of the Year if not the decade)

how unpleasant for you brooklynbridge

but never mind..the world's your oyster in Pattaya..it's his loss, not yours. Remember that when you take your patronage elesewhere.

It's not a "German" thing either. A lot of Germans own a variety of businesses in Pattaya and there a plenty of very helpful and charming hosts amongst them.

Re: yep

Quote Originally Posted by donny-darko
    Im 6'6 tall and am 244lbs
    What a coincidence! Same stats as JollyJackTar!

Re: Germans..

Quote Originally Posted by catawampuscat
    ...It would be hard to find a more pleasant or welcoming host than...:cat:
    And you forgot to mention Helmut at Luxor, who is charming and delightful (not to mention a wonderful chef).

I only went to Filou once -- the owner did seem a bit rough looking, but he did shout me a schnapps when I tried to leave (I suppose that we must have had a large-ish bar billl).

Re: Avoid Filou Bar

quote: "brooklynbridge" "The owner of the Filou bar must be one of the nastiest men in Pattaya.
    This man has no respect for his customers or his boys. It seems like the owner regularly forces them to chat with customers that he chooses. He treats his staff like animals."

There seems to be several meanings to the word, Filou. Someone told me Filou means a fluffy little thing or soft part of bread, in (Another?) language Filou (Slang) derives from the word for, file, (tool) meaning something that can be cut and sharpened & means, pickpocket and\or refers to a thief's need to hide his intentions from one he intends to rob.
    Le Monsieur Filou, the owner of Filou bar, will grin like a feces-eating dog, as he moves a boy away from a customer who has just bought the boy a drink\may want to off him, and order the boy to sit with one of Le Monsieur Filou's friends, who has no intention of doing anything but groping the boy. He did it to me 4 years ago. The boy was polite enough to leave the, untouched, boy-drink (Flat cola & water.) which I was, of course, charged for.

I found another reference to, Filou, that claims it is (French?) slang for\to do with saying, "Why so long?"
    In the past four years I suppose I've spent, conservatively, enough in Pattaya bars to pay the rent on Filou for a year. I doubt it matters a flying yedt to Le Monsieur Filou that Le Monsieur Filou hasn't had a baht of it but it matters to me that I can take my custom to where I am well treated, and deprive him of it or the satisfaction of picking my pocket again.

I have been told by a several expats and a few boys who have worked at Filou that 'boss' often hangs out a Closed\For Sale sign & shuts down just before payday, to get out of paying what he owes the boys.
    Reminds me a bar, long gone, on Soi 14, I think, between Road 2 & Walking Street. Was it called Connections?
    The farang owner played dirty trick on the boys. One boy decided to get even. The owner ended up dead.
    I wonder if the police ever found the boy who stabbed him to death.
    I hope not.

Liked

Filou Bar

Is this Bar on the corner facing Topman or am I thinking of the wrong place?
    A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good.