Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Change of hotel in Laos

Change of hotel in Laos

Hi,

I have been on GR recently speaking with a lot of Laos guys and when I told them the hotel I had checked in with a fabulous location, they told me I was completely in the wrong hotel and the owner was a terrible anti gay person.

I don't want any pomp or ceremony but I certainly don't want dirty looks or anti gay behaviour.

I immediately changed and cancelled the booking to another hotel with great reviews on trip advisor. The Laos guys listed about five or six preferable hotels.

They even said for me to go and see myself when I got there.

I won't mention the name as it would be trashing a reputation based on heresay, but I will check it and get back on the board if it turns out to be true with the report that I promised.

Roll on mid July.

Liked

Re: Change of hotel in Laos

I would be most interested in the hotels the GR guys recommended, as I have been looking for over a month now, and am a little confused . One guy on GR did recommend a place (a guesthouse, I think) but when I checked it on the web it got horrible reviews - unfriendly staff, paper thin walls, run-down, etc. It was near the GQ bar. Could you please let me know the names of the hotels they mentioned? PM is ok.
    I'll be travelling to Vientiane from BKK on July 13.
    Thanks.

Liked

Beau Rivage?.................I do not like it because of a no guest policy and an unpleasant owner. Whether he is anti gay I do not know

Liked

Anyone know about lao Orchid Hotel - it was recommended to me by a guy from GR - the reviews are good on Trip Advisor, and he claims its gay friendly and joiners no problem....... anyone stayed here?

Liked

yes I really like it.good location. get a room at back if you want quieter. no problem with guests. Nice breakfast overlooking street.

Quote Originally Posted by yaraboy
    Beau Rivage?.................I do not like it because of a no guest policy and an unpleasant owner. Whether he is anti gay I do not know

OK yaraboy,

You got it, I have cancelled already, based on the Laos boys words.I won't say what these boys said about the owner.

They said that Lao Orchid, Chanthapanya, Inter city (for budget travellers ) and they mentioned Salana boutique Hotel, supposedly outstanding!

I actually looked at some on trip advisor very recently offeing three star at ┬г7 per night with good reviews on tripadvisor!.....however, I won't be risking them.

Liked: 1

Hi Kevin,

Did you finally get a good deal on your flight?

Quote Originally Posted by lexusgs
    Hi Kevin,

Did you finally get a good deal on your flight?

I did indeed Thank you.

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Bon Voyage.

Liked

Look forward to hearing your reflections and updates on Laos and Cambodia - Have a great trip!