Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gay laos

Liked

gay laos

I'm looking for somewhere apart from Thailand for gay adventures. Last year I went to Cambodia and was very disappointed at the lack of gay venues.
    Is Laos any better? Do they have gay clubs? Are there any money boys? Masage places?
    I'd appreciate any info from recent visitors.
    Thanks.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: gay laos

Quote Originally Posted by a447
    Last year I went to Cambodia and was very disappointed at the lack of gay venues.
    Cambodia has lots of gay venues relative to its size... Siem Reap has a whole host of gay-oriented and gay-run businesses. Phnom Penh has plenty of bars, nightclubs and saunas where it's easy to meet and chat up local gay boys... The only thing really missing is the "paid sex on a platter" gogo bars.

Laos doesn't have any gogo bars either, to my knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    Last year I went to Cambodia and was very disappointed at the lack of gay venues.
    Cambodia has lots of gay venues relative to its size... Siem Reap has a whole host of gay-oriented and gay-run businesses. Phnom Penh has plenty of bars, nightclubs and saunas where it's easy to meet and chat up local gay boys... The only thing really missing is the "paid sex on a platter" gogo bars.

Laos doesn't have any gogo bars either, to my knowledge.
    Hi,

Totally taboo in Laos are go go bar, they are very conservative there as I have gathered from reading up on Laos, they refuse to allow it to go the same route as Thailand.

Liked

they refuse to allow it to go the same route as Thailand
    So, does that mean it's a waste of time going there for boy fun?? If there are no gogo bars,. where do you pick up the cute money boys?

I was in Seam Reap and Phnom Pehn last yeqar but couldn't find any action, except at the Blue Chilli bar in PP. I offed a freelancer who was useless.
    Where are the boys in Seam Reap if they don't have boy bars???

Forum's veteran
    Liked

they refuse to allow it to go the same route as Thailand
    If there are no gogo bars,. where do you pick up the cute money boys? I was in Seam Reap and Phnom Pehn last yeqar but couldn't find any action, except at the Blue Chilli bar in PP. I offed a freelancer who was useless.
    Where are the boys in Seam Reap if they don't have boy bars???
    In Phnom Penh, you can pick up moneyboys at Blue Chilli (although you can meet non money locals there too, on Saturday night when they have a show). I heard another gay bar has opened there but don't know if it offers paid sex. I've heard you can find moneyboys at the Heart of Darkness Nightclub, but didn't meet any myself as the boys I chatted up or went there with were just ordinary friendly non-money boys.

In Siem Reap, Lingha Bar is the joint best known for moneyboys. Lots of moneyboys hanging out there every night. There's a little disco opposite Miss Wongs Bar. I think it's called "Heart Rock". I met a moneyboy here and had a drink with him out of curiosity (actually he already had a drink and I had mine so I sat down next to him)... he really wasn't very subtle... I fled after about 15 mins when he started asking to come to Australia with me LOL.

I mentioned all these places in trip reports last year...
    Siem Reap: any-other-country-f15/gay-siem-reap-cambodia-trip-report-t20493.html
    Phnom Penh: any-other-country-f15/phnom-penh-cambodia-trip-report-t20485.html

Hi a447,

I have met guys online in Laos, but that will not be my primary motive for travelling there.

You don't need the place swimming in go go bars to meet people. You can meet them everywhere from the hotel porters right the way through to guys working in restaurants,internet cafes, etc the same as in the North East of Thailand.

It ain't no Bangkok or Pattaya,I can see that with the basic research I have already done.

A different kind of challenge and place and I'm looking forward to the cultural difference of both Cambodia and Laos.

I am also finding this forum a bit quieter,refreshingly less tense than the Thailand Gay forum as some don't want to come on but those that are, are giving some good tips and advice, long may it continue.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kquill
    finding this forum a bit quieter,refreshingly less tense than the Thailand Gay forum as some don't want to come on but those that are, are giving some good tips and advice, long may it continue.
    Totally agree. I would love to see more information and discussion on gay life and nightlife in other Asian countries such as Laos, Vietnam, Taiwan, China, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia and such... I tend to drop into Thailand each time I visit Asia but I spend more time exploring other Asian countries than I do in Thailand.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Totally agree. I would love to see more information and discussion on gay life and nightlife in other Asian countries such as Laos, Vietnam, Taiwan, China, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia .
    for Singy Chinese, thus mainly aimed at that group, and have money to go+visit those countries: go to trevvy.com forum. has some extensive reviews/reports on mainland China etc. And they do know their chinese!
    as for Laos, OQ-from what I remember there is 1 disco in VTE with a gay department and a possibly likewise ditto in LuangPrabang (Laos most famous and indeed best place to visit). For some time therewas a gay-farang-led bar/cafe, but I understand it has closed (unless someone knows more about it). No real need to go loooking out-they will find you.
    In fact-OP, with just a tiny bit of thinking this should be pretty obvious. Laos has just opened up for tourism after 2000 and has barely 4 million inhabitants=less as half in the whole of BKK-city.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by pong
    for Singy Chinese, thus mainly aimed at that group, and have money to go+visit those countries: go to trevvy.com forum. has some extensive reviews/reports on mainland China etc. And they do know their chinese!
    Haha... yeah, I've posted on that forum a few times and might go back to it. Especially if SGT goes. I remember it has some forums and threads on other Asian countries too.

Quote Originally Posted by pong
    In fact-OP, with just a tiny bit of thinking this should be pretty obvious. Laos has just opened up for tourism after 2000 and has barely 4 million inhabitants=less as half in the whole of BKK-city.
    Yeah, that's true... Cambodia is in a similar boat, less developed and smaller population. I was impressed that Phnom Penh is able to sustain a 7 night a week nightclub (Heart of Darkness) which sees a lot of local gay boys hanging out there each night.

I'm certainly not against the commercial sex bars in Thailand and have enjoyed visiting a good number of them but it would be refreshing to see Cambodia and Laos steer it in a slightly different track so the gay scene isn't so heavily dominated by gogo bars and such.

Yeah, that's true... Cambodia is in a similar boat, less developed and smaller population. I was impressed that Phnom Penh is able to sustain a 7 night a week nightclub (Heart of Darkness) which sees a lot of local gay boys hanging out there each night.

I'm certainly not against the commercial sex bars in Thailand and have enjoyed visiting a good number of them but it would be refreshing to see Cambodia and Laos steer it in a slightly different track so the gay scene isn't so heavily dominated by gogo bars and such.
    Hi,

I don't think Laos or Cambodia will allow a go go scene to develop as ' in your face ' as Thailand did.

It ends up blowing up in their face and then they moan about the Country's image being tarnished and forget it was built on the money from prostitution. Anyways, I think these two places have learned by what has occurred in Thailand.

It's a shame the board is finishing and it certainly looks like they may have been a split of opinions with Jinks and Spike but C'est a Vie, I don't think I will bother moving as I only ever posted on this board anyway. I found it user friendly,plenty going on and it was well established but all good things come to an end eventually, and I had just started moving to this forum more and more and preferred it to the other (Gay Thailand) as I posted a couple of days ago...... :crybaby: