Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paypal donate is back

elephantspike

Paypal donate is back

I finally re-established my paypal account. The Alertpay thing wasn't working with most users and most people have never heard of it and it doesnt integrate with phpbb3 to add donors to Golden Members automatically. I still do have that alertpay account for those few of you who actually prefer it. The default pay system is now set back to paypal, though.

Theres a paypal donate icon on the top right of the index page. If you click on that it takes you to a page where you choose the amount to donate then that takes you to the paypal page to complete the payment. Clicking through this way automatically adds you to Golden Members (if you are not one already) which allows you to have a blog and photo album and extra upload file quota as well as unlimited storage of private messages.

Thanks.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Paypal donate is back

It may well be time to kick in again, 'Spike - I'll do so if it is.
    If only the multi-members would do the same(for each handle, of course) it'd float the entire boat! :cheers:

Nice to see a post from you again.

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

And thanks from me also. PayPal yay! The AlertPay thing was driving me insane after losing my credit card last September in BKK. Getting re-verified took a month and now I don't remember how to go through the whole thing.

I shall use the PayPal icon as suggested.

Cheers Spike.

Liked

Good time for a reminder. I have'nt kicked-in for a while, paypal does make it easier.

Yes bao-bao it is nice to see a post from Spike "now and again". But one of the main reasons this forum is the most popular (in terms of traffic/posts) of the gay Thailand forums in my opinion, is precisely because of the owners LACK of posts, interference and domination of the forum, and why I am happy to support it
    If jinks could be persuaded to follow the non-interference example it would be even better. At least I would be able to instantly recognise a post from one of the troll brigade without having to trawl through the dross of the multi-handle reincarnations.

Other than legal restrictions all viewpoints are tolerated as should be the case in the real world of anonymous grown-ups.

Unlike GTT (someone described it as Ooglemans Blog rather than a forum...how true), and the failed Pattaya Passion, Gay Thailand is another forum where if you disagree with the views of the main mod gaybutton, threats of banning/deletions spew forth from said moderator, while we have to listen to his 'words of wisdom' whether we like it or not, and so makes the effort of reading and/or posting regularly there simply not worth it.

"If jinks could be persuaded to follow ...

... the non-interference example it would be even better."

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Oh for God sake ... leave the poor man alone.

:idea: :

Liked

Spike: For some reason, the donation link on the forum index page doesn't work in Opera (v.10.53): The graphic doesn't load, and the link goes to http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/donate, a non-existent page.

I fired up IE8, and the graphic showed and the link went to http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/donate/, which appears to be the proper page.

Also, FYI & FWIW, for a couple hours this morning (BKK time) -- i.e. a few hours ago -- I was unable to access the sawatdee-gay-thailand site at all: error message was something about too many connections? It made me wonder if SGT was under a DoS attack. Access seems normal now (except the donation link in Opera browser).
    [size=7][color=#0000FF][i]"quiet1":[/i] the poster previously known as [i]"bkk gwm"[/i][/color][/size]

elephantspike

I don't think I can do anything about the too many connections issue, But I think adding the trailing slash will make the link cross-browser compliant. Thanks guys!
    :hello2:

Liked

Whatever you did seems to have worked. The graphic image and the link now work in Opera.
    [size=7][color=#0000FF][i]"quiet1":[/i] the poster previously known as [i]"bkk gwm"[/i][/color][/size]

elephantspike

It just needed the "/" at the end. Chrome and Firefox don't need it to be there but apparently Opera does. Thanks again, guys.