Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would You Donate

Liked

Re: Would You Donate

Quote Originally Posted by hot4thais
    If a poster came on to this site and said he had an ex/boyfriend/friend suffering some awful illness, would you send him a donation
    In this world nothing happens to a person that he does not for some reason or other deserve. Usually, men of ordinary intellect cannot comprehend the actual reason or reasons.
    If I could afford it I would donate to anyone in need. I am after all a selfish person and by doing good today it will bring me good fortune in the future.
    You should try it hot4thais it will sweeten some of the bitterness that is eating you up. It will make you a better person.

Being gay can be such a pain in the ass

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by puckered_penguin
    In this world nothing happens to a person that he does not for some reason or other deserve. Usually, men of ordinary intellect cannot comprehend the actual reason or reasons.
    Sure, the 6-year-old that contracted a fatal disease, the family chopped up by Pol Pot, a passenger in a car involved in an accident, etc., etc., all of them deserved it somehow? If there's a religion or philosophy that supports that concept, it's pure philosophical bullshit in my opinion (of course, most religion and philosophies could fit that category).

And, of course, the final escape from reality for all religions is to described "mystical" events as beyond the understanding of people of ordinary intellect. If you don't know what it is (or can't support something logically), then fall back on the old "oh, you'll just have to believe it cause you can't understand it." Same same as pre-historic man deeming thunder to be the big god in the sky.....

Liked

If a poster came on to this site and said he had an ex/boyfriend/friend suffering some awful illness, would you send him a donation
    If I could afford it I would donate to anyone in need. I am after all a selfish person and by doing good today it will bring me good fortune in the future.
    You should try it hot4thais it will sweeten some of the bitterness that is eating you up. It will make you a better person.
    me thinks your not comprehending what the poster is talking about...its from a previous post.
    [color=#0000BF]why you no risson[/color]

if he requested it and the situation was desperate enough. yes

It's a fact that the majority of people wouldn't and don't. Just like you wouldn't and haven't, hey hot4anything? Instead of asking questions such as the one above, how about answering some instead, in this thread here: Surely after all of your accusations, it's the very least you owe to the members here.
    my-apologies-to-george-t17534.html

Instead of spending all your time on the forum here, why don't you go to the library ocassionally instead and brush up on your ignorance?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    ... then fall back on the old "oh, you'll just have to believe it cause you can't understand it." Same same as pre-historic man deeming thunder to be the big god in the sky.....
    If you only believe in things you fully understand, you must indeed find the world a mystical place.

Liked

I think something like this would be looked at on a one on one individual basis and personal merit. Its certainly not wrong to show compassion with a bit of caution and intellect mixed in with the situation. Also, who was doing the asking would be a major consideration. I agree with X that surely if I only acted on just the things I understood, then likely I would have done little in this life.

Wes
    All the Best!

Wes

Liked

No

Liked

[quote=x in pattaya]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by "puckered_penguin":1usy7akz
    ... then fall back on the old "oh, you'll just have to believe it cause you can't understand it." Same same as pre-historic man deeming thunder to be the big god in the sky.....
    If you only believe in things you fully understand, you must indeed find the world a mystical place.[/quote:1usy7akz]

Sorry X, we disagree on this one. You are sort of saying, "that if you only believed in the tooth fairy you would get a quarter under your pillow". Their are many things I do not fully understand in this world. However, when I lack understanding I would turn to science for the answer, and if science does not have it yet, then I would wait until they do. No way, would I ever try to find some supernatural meaning in anything that occurs in the Universe. My understanding of the world is centered on the basic principal that "if science hasn't found an answer, to a particular question, they soon will. I find the hallmark of ignorance to be describing some supernatural force (including God or Karma) to a natural occurence, like death.

Quote from hot4thais :-My understanding of the world is centred on the basic principal that "if science hasn't found an answer, to a particular question, they soon will. End quote.

The Monks made up about God, as it became The New Authority.

Wow you could almost be Professors Richard Dawkins 'hot4thais' your talking like him,After selling Millions of his Book, "THE GODS DELUSION" every where he goes in the world now, with his proven facts on "God Delusion", he can show the world it is all a fairy tale, and does, on his journey all over, on talk shows causing Havoc, where ever he is accosted with Miracles, he will knock them down with facts, then silence.Then Agression. :angryfire:

Not that IтАЩm thinking, 'hot4thais' we are going to silence you, but the facts are already out there, unless you read the book or watch this Documentary of a glimpse of what he is Proving and why he is being Mobbed where sometimes he cant leave his Hotel, with believers angry, he is even mentioning the facts on God Delusion.

See this?

No.1
    http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl= ... &ct=title#

No.2
    Look here! what he thinks about gays in Society.

Now do the test?

When you see this be prepared to be a disbeliver, as usual the facts dont lie, but they do more damage then lies.