Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duangthanee Plaza Open or closed

Liked

Duangthanee Plaza Open or closed

Re: Duangthanee Plaza Open or closed

They would open during an air-raid, never mind a little localised rioting.

:occasion9:

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blueskytoday
    Anyone know has Duangthanee Plaza
    where Dick's cafe,,bonny massage and the go-go bars are
    located are open or closed?
    Thanks.
    We call it soi Twlight.

Here is Sextiles report on CRS at 730pm. That's as best as you're going to get, it raining now and I'm not going over to look. Curfew at 2300. It's all one day at a time here. Tomorrow?

http://web.cruisingforsex.com/bb/tha...kok-now-6.html

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home...-30130019.html
    E Dok Tong

Liked

There you go, you can't get more details than from a Mac report, over at Ting and Tong.

http://www.gaytingtong.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7010

Mac and Sextile must have water proof paper and pens that write underwater. What detail, good job. They both must stay sober too, personally I forgot most of what I saw last night. Attempted counting people on the soi, but either the people or the soi kept moving around.
    E Dok Tong

Yes I was in Soi Twig light or Duangthanee Plaza, or its real name, Soi Pratuchai, Suriwong Rd. last night around 8.30pm I saw which was unusual about 60 or 70 nice young guys, wondering around, I was at my vantage Point @ Dick Caf├й, chatting to a friend and during about 45 minutes I was there I only about 8 Farangs passed by, 2 Japanese who seemed to be well known and a few passing strangers no time did I see any one go into any Bar that was open and only very few open as it was, the Massages and not the Dreamboys set up. Just not many tourist here is all I can imagine and not locals around also whatтАЩs the point if its all closing at 10pm.

All back to normal around Silom Road Area on the junction with Suriwong Road and Rama 9 no signs at all of any troublesome people or barricades, but as I was traveling in from On Nut to see the Total Devastation of Complete shops and shopping Malls I just cant see the point in burning them to the ground unless it was just for looting, I was talking to some guys there and they said at no time did the Police, Army or Fire Brigade come to stop the looting and many people were just carrying TVs and anything they could break in and carry out.

I must say you do feel so safe in Bangkok, I was walking down a dark back street there, where Super тАШAтАЩlex is located, there was a gang of Guys standing there in the shadows and I had no fear at 10pm of passing by, now where could you do that in most Western Countries.

So No Fear here in Thailand just get on the Plane and enjoy yourself so much fun waiting for you, and its cooling down now with very unseasonable Rain making the weather just peeeeerfect. DonтАЩt forget unless you know where to drink; most bars will be closed on Friday. Buddha day, Pattaya would be the best place to go for a drink and fun, Friday, I would have thought.

Getting there

With the opening of the new overhead railway, you can access the bars quite speedily. For the Silom scene go to SALA DAENG STATION. Passengers on the Sukhumvit Line must change, therefore, at CENTRAL (SIAM) STATION. To get to Patpong by BTS Skytrain, go to SALA DAENG Station (Silom Line) and use Exit 3 (Robinson). Soi 2 (ed. note: Where Top Man is) is 100 meters.

It would seem that our ace reporter has failed to notice that his cut and paste directions are not quite up to date.

BTS (Skytrain) has just celebrated it's 10th anniversary so is hardly new.
    Robinson's has been closed for more than a year.
    Exit 3 is really only useful if you plan to go to Soi 2 - DJ Station
    If you are heading to Soi 4 then use the Thaniya exit.
    And since the thread is about Soi Twilight or Duangthanee Plaza or Soi Pratuchai then again take the Thaniya exit and go down Soi Thaniya to Suriwong.

Liked

Ahh, yes 'The Top Man' bar on Silom soi 2. I remember that, it had a huge stage, extra seating all around the back and sides and very friendly staff. Closed around 2001 but it's heyday had to be around 94 to 97.

Curfew will be lifted on Friday, I hear. Can anyone confirm?
    E Dok Tong

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I thought it was this Sunday?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Beachlover
    I thought it was this Sunday?
    http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingn...n-curfew-today

Silom Complex still closing at 8pm behind barricades. Most business closing before 9pm. Very few vendors set up, again mostly commuters on Silom rushing to get home. Very few taxis on Silom at 9pm, I guess they want to get home before curfew. MRT open to 10pm. No army or police presence.

The new security twist on the MRT is a sign that says that you must remove sun glasses and hats before entering the station. For the cameras?

I was over on the other side of town last night, Nana, Suk 3 to 11 and it's just as quiet over there too after 9pm but taxis not as scarce.
    E Dok Tong

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Charming

All back to normal around Silom Road Area on the junction with Suriwong Road and Rama 9 no signs at all of any troublesome people or barricades
    Perhaps they didn't know you were coming?