Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Taiwan Trip Report

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Taiwan Trip Report

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    I have been to Taiwan several times, the longest 3 months in 2018 to study Chinese. The gay sauna Soi13in is great, my favorite of over 50 gay saunas all over South-East Asia. But that didn't translate to online dating for me. There are cute boys on the apps, but it is mostly like a black hole, nothing comes back, I message 20 boys and get one reply. For comparison, in 7 days in Yangon I had 8 boys; in 3 months in Taipei I had 5 boys. None of the issues encountered in Thailand (sick grandmother, space-time confusion). I have no idea where this discrepancy to my experiences elsewhere in SEAsia, or other posters reporting from Taiwan, comes from.

The country is a great place for general travel (but I don't like winter which can be cold, and I have never been and will not go during monsoon season) and I will be back for general travel and hiking, but without expectations boy-wise.
    I find your experience very interesting. Taiwan is the place that I got the most messages online. Actually, too many messages that I couldn't keep up with them and the guys were very pushy. In contrast, I didn't enjoy much my visit to Soi13in (I'll talk more about it in the last post of this trip report). I visited the sauna on the Gay Pride day, but I found the guys to be so shy and slow. A big difference on how they behave on online apps. I think this is because they want "to save face"; they are afraid of being perceived as sluts. Taiwanese care a lot about what other people think of it.

2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Armando (May 1st, 2021), Ninodf1 (May 1st, 2021), TaoR (May 3rd, 2021)