Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My First Trip Report

Liked

My First Trip Report

Having visited Thailand over a dozen times in the last few years and asked many questions from this board I though it was about time I gave a bit of feedback on my visit over the last couple of weeks, now I am back home in cold & wet London.

My flight from the UK was excellent, Eva Premium economy is well worth the extra cost, the extra 5 Kilo luggage allowance helps as well, however having trusted Mr T taxis several times in the past, last time earlier this year their driver got completely lost, wasting about an hour getting in to Bangkok, as couldn't find the Rose, even though I had advised the destination in advance, given the driver the hotels taxi map and once near can easily find it my self, so this time I tried Pattaya Taxi service http://www.pttaxiservice.com despite their glossy web site I wont bother with them again, we got stuck for half an hour in the road works not helped by the rain (certainly not their fault) and then once out of it and I thought "yes I will make Boys Town for about 9pm!" my driver decided he needed "fuel" of some sort so we diverted off the motorway along some parallel mud track then queued for 20 minutes so he could fill up with some fuel put in to a canister under the bonnet - apparently they don't sell the stuff in Pattaya!

We finally arrived at Baan Souy, I didn't realise some of the poolside rooms were a bit smaller than the room on my last couple of visits, however the hotel was still excellent in every respect and I would still recommend it. I always love my first visit of a holiday into Boys town, the ten minute ride on a motorbike taxi from Baan Souy always reminds me I am finally there! Swapped some cash at the exchange just before Boys Town (cant recall the name but always along with the other by the same company almost opposite seems to offer the best rates) and time to explore the bars!

I didn't do that many this time, as finally found one of my friends from a holiday earlier in the year and he sort of took over for the rest of my time in Pattaya, however started off in X Boys it was about 9.30pm on a Sat night about 12 boys a bit mixed some were OK (I like the more muscled ripped type) not pushy but the drink prices higher than most of the other bars on the same street. I moved on to Lucky 7, only about 5 boys not doing much and certainly nothing that appealed to me. Cupid had a few more about 15 in total, some making an effort to dance and gain interest, then I tried Dream Boys, they appeared to have loads of boys perhaps 20 but all small and appeared pretty fem, certainly not of much interest. I wondered round to A Bomb, I like this bar they had a fair selection of Boys but it always irritates me that the rotation is so slow - they change one guy per music track so realistically would need to spend at least an hour their to see the lot an I didn't want to spend that long!

I moved around to Boys Boys Boys, as soon as I got near a friend from a previous holiday noticed me and that was that, a couple of beers on the terrace (which with a 20% discount card from Bann Souy are pretty competitive) then back to Baan Souy for what was left of the evening......

I spent my ten days in Pattaya with the same guy but often returned to Boys Boys Boys for a few drinks with him (so he could disappear for quite a while and catch ups with his friends!) and also caught some of their shows, they certainly as normal appeared to have the best line up of guys (even without my friend!) especially if you like the more muscly boys, their first show includes a great "sexy guy" act with a few of them flexing and showing off, I also quite like the 8.30pm ritual with them stood outside the bar, I think that is becoming a nice tradition and sets the bar apart, often amusing to watch the odd straight couple that find them selves walking past this display!

Spent my time with my friend at the Beach in Jomtien and took a few speed boat trips over to Koh Larn where we both spent ages snorkelling (and my friend but not me catching fish and opening up various forms of Oysters and god knows what in shells stuck to rocks for us both to "enjoy"! Naul Beach which is best reached by private Speed boat for about 2,500 BHT from Jomtien is a great beach with a regular visit from a group of semi friendly monkeys that gather on the edge of the beach by the cliff on the south side of the beach, really friendly and tame and easy to feed with Bananas from the nearby bar - good photo opportunities and many of them carrying their baby in the small pouch. The safety aboard these small boats also seems to have improved over recent years following a few tragic events on the larger and often grossly over crowded shared boats as now modern new life vests appear to be provided as standard, they insist on you wearing them and our driver had no problem with us keeping them on the beach so I guess a bit safer when swimming/snorkelling especially when heading further out than you probably should.

Spent some evenings at Pattaya Beer Garden @the start of Walking street, whilst in the main pretty fake I quite like the Muay Thai boxing there, so we got to know the girls at one of the bars by the ring, the Thai boxing promoter was determined get my friend into the ring, he recalled that a year or so ago a different friend ended up in a chance match with some Russian guy, but this time my friend was staying well clear (thank god!) we visited the new Max Muay Thai stadium to watch the 2014 final, not cheap at 2,000 BHT, but free for a Thai if he registers on the back of your ticket, good action if you like Muay Thai and an impressive new stadium but a bit "Americanised" more like something out of the WWE! Between times obviously spent a fair bit of time at the lovely pool at Baan Souy, my friend (and some of his friends!) also loved the gym so could keep up with their workouts - which I am more than happy with!

One evening was the Loy Krathong festival, the guys at the beach in Jomtien had advised us of a party there so we headed there, good fun and amusing to watch the police chasing the vendors selling the lantern things which are apparently now bared, between the police visits we bought a few (and I was pretty impressed as managed to successfully launch a few myself) The beach had a buffet going, however even my friend admitted the food was not that great so rather than chance it we headed for East Suites Restaurant, whilst I love Thai food when in Thailand I cant resist their "Hot Rock T Bone" and was as good as ever!

After ten fantastic days was time to depart Pattaya for a few days in Bangkok..............

Liked

Re: My First Trip Report

great report
    thanks you

Liked

Yes, I agree, a very good trip report paulfort. Hope it is the first of many. I am looking forward to reading your Bangkok report.
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

Liked

Nice report. Thanks for taking the time to write it up.

Liked

Paul,
    Great trip report.
    very exciting....
    how can we get in contact with your friend in case we would want to have a similar experience?
    Thanks,
    M.

Liked

Yoe, I agree - very interesting post. Please keep them coming in future.

Liked

Thanks for the report - glad to know I'm not the only one who sticks with one guy for the duration. Look forward to reading more
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

OP: Very enjoyable report and glad to hear u had a good time!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Nice to find out someone can spend time with a friend for over a week
    and treat them well without being taken to look at
    motocycle, phones, and gold shops near the end of your holiday.

Liked

Very well written and thoroughly enjoyed...thanks paulfort!

Surfcrest