Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Drinking in Sunee Plaza

Liked

Drinking in Sunee Plaza

Greetings

Last night, I went on an extended tour of sunee plaza by shuffling through the bars and soaking up the ambience. As an avowed tea-totaller I consume orange juice (OJ) by the orchard, rather than downing beer or spirits. In each bar, the standard and fixed price for an OJ was 120 Baht -which I thought was a bit steep, and much higher than most bars charge for either beer or other more exotic mixtures. I know that each bar must pay its own way, but even so I think asking for almost $ 4 USD for a small glass of juice is a bit over the top !!!

I thought of buying a plastic cup and taking my own OJ from bar to bar as I graduallly and slowly stumlbe around the sois in that plaza. Somehow ,though, I don't think this will work. Does anyone have any suggestion as to how I can keep my bodily liquids up, while visiting many bars without breaking the bank ??

The "Bush Dollar"

Alas, $4 OJ is now just the cost of doing business.

I look on my bi-annual Thailand trips as a "Splurge".
    I live like a Miser in the USA and, twice a year, spend like a Sailor in Thailand.

Liked
    Thailand ain't cheap anymore. Drinks and admission prices rival those of New York. Even the food in hotels has doubled in price over the last few years. I have seen freelancers go with up to as many as 5 tricks a day. At 750 baht a trick, they make more than I do in the US.

For what it's worth, why not sit at Duc's bar, next door to sundance, and facing la Rouge (or something like that), pot of tea 50 baht, and soft drinks pretty similar. Watch the comings and goings of the bars in the open air, aside the fact Duc is a brilliant host.
    If you feel badly done to with OJ at that price, how do you think the water drinkers feel, when they have to pay the same price!!

Liked: 1
    120 Baht is $10 now at the present exchange rate but it was $3 last year. They have to serve you and clean your glass after you leave as well as you taking up space in their bar. Orange juice is also quite expensive to buy in the supermarkets more so than fizzy drinks.

Start drinking alcohol and get more benefit for less money.
    Don't try to hold in farts - they travel up your spine and into your brain and that is where shitty ideas come from.

Quote Originally Posted by allieb
    120 Baht is $10 now at the present exchange rate but it was $3 last year. .
    In fact $US10 is 315 Thai Baht.

Liked
    If you feel badly done to with OJ at that price, how do you think the water drinkers feel, when they have to pay the same price!!
    Agree! I've no complaint over the beer prices at many of the bars. 70-90B for a big bottle is good value and all the owners I've met have been really nice guys. My b/f doesn't touch alcohol though and (overpricing of water aside) there's only so much water he can drink in a night. As a result, if we bar hop and he has to buy a drink in each bar, he buys a beer too and I drink it for him.
    Come to think of it, it's not too bad an arrangement :drunken:

Liked
    i find it hard to have drink after drink in my stomach, as i seek through the bars, but you are paying for the views also of the stage & taking up a seat also you cannot sit for free for long, for every 2 gogo bars you visit on the 3rd bar maybe sit at an outside bar, where you will pay around half the price.....
    i love you, i miss you.............. i lie you

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    think of it as an (extremely small ) entry fee to the club to hopefully re-coup some of the costs the owners have incurred to bring you entertainment.

Anywhere else in the world you would have to pay 20 times that to enter a similar nightclub and it would be full of dull people and not a go go dancer in sight.

make the most of it while it lasts!! 120 baht ?? you should be so lucky...
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.

Liked
    Where in the world do they charge 2000 baht for a water at a gay bar with no go go dancers? That is silly.
    Cunt Pride!