Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunee Plaza

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Sunee Plaza

Soi 10 said: Most of the ex pat community and long time visitors to Pattaya know that the beer bars, Come In Bar in particular, are packed every night high season and low season with customers, so if you are going out for a drink on your own you are most certainly going find conversation.

Sunee Plaza seems to be the first choice of the gay ex pat community and long time gay visitors to Pattaya as the place to go have a drink, hang out with friends, chat, and from time to time pick an overnight visitor. A true sense of community has developed among a large number of NORMAL gay men in the beer bars of Sunee Plaza.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    Thanks for explaining a different view of why Sunee Plaza is popular with the older gay community. This makes sense. Yes,I find the "COME IN BAR" as a relaxing bar to have a quiet drink at.

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    Agreed.

To be fair, the Pattayaland sois beer bars are very popular as well and great places to meet and greet fellow farangs.
    Oscars is always busy and very popular.. Panorama Bar also stays busy most of the time
    but can look empty some rainy nites as it is large and completely open to the soi.
    Serene Bar does a fair job of attracting the punters as well..

Someone should consider an open air (non A/C) beer bar on the other two Pattayaland sois (#1 and #2). I think it would
    be a hit if someone with an engaging personality and an eye for attractive hosts would take over one of the lady beer bars on
    #1 or #2..
    No loud music, cheaper drinks and a chance to converse and people watch.
    There is an oversupply of beer bars in Sunee and a shortage in the Boyztown Area, in this posters humble opinion.. :cat:

Quote Originally Posted by catawampuscat
    Someone should consider an open air (non A/C) beer bar on the other two Pattayaland sois (#1 and #2). I think it would
    be a hit if someone with an engaging personality and an eye for attractive hosts would take over one of the lady beer bars on
    #1 or #2.. :cat:
    I told you cat, I am not going to open any more bars. On a serious note cat, good idea of yours.

I also couldn't agree more with Soi 10 when he says as quoted by thrillbill above. A true sense of community has developed among a large number of NORMAL gay men in the beer bars of Sunee Plaza.

Choc Dee,

George.

Liked
    Hey George!!! Back from Bantustan I see, and welcome. What's up with with the 3-sentence post? Delirium tremens still an issue?

Looking forward to the 6-foot posts and the bolded freakouts (or, as you put it, "just speaking my mind") and will join you "somewhere" in Thailand "sometime" in the coming months. You can drink for all 3 (4?) of us.

We (i.e. Queen Victoria & moi) arrive on Sept 15 to 'Do BKK'.

Cheers and glad to see you back ....
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Forum's veteran
    Liked

agree

Quote Originally Posted by fattman
    What Pattaya really needs is a totally non-commercial gay pub/bar. By non-commercial, I mean a place where you can relax with friends, enjoy a drink, and not have "hosts" or go-go boys trying to sell themselves. Seems odd that Pattaya Town doesn't seem to have such a place.

That is exactly what it needs... The closest thing is Panorama, but that is really an avenue for the commercial boys to make a contact with some newbie tourist.

What Pattaya really needs is a totally non-commercial gay pub/bar. By non-commercial, I mean a place where you can relax with friends, enjoy a drink, and not have "hosts" or go-go boys trying to sell themselves. Seems odd that Pattaya Town doesn't seem to have such a place.
    The bar from Flamingo hotel is relax sure there more to find !

DELETED

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    need a/c for this traveler

welcome back George

Quote Originally Posted by baziel
    The bar from Flamingo hotel is relax sure there more to find !
    I thought it was closed and up for sale.
    Yes fattman, THB 42,500,000 and you can own the bar with 21 short-time rooms and a staff-canteen. Of course you could exploite the building as a hotel.

Liked
    Sunee has many such bars, PattayaLand only two, i.e. Panorama and The Shamrock Bar. The latter boasted a sign (up to recently) which read " don't even think of bringing your boyfriend in here"