FAQ & Help

Thread: Covid Insurance

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Covid Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    kkjason,

Understanding that you were due to arrive back in Thailand last week on your Elite Visa - can you please tell us how the trip went.

Thanks in advance

Hey Dodger;

Just going through old forum postings and saw this one - a bit late - ha! - The trip ended up going better than expected. I have nothing but good things to say about the Thai Consulate in Los Angeles. They called us several times leading up to our departure to make sure we had everything, As I applied for everything, they would call if there were missing anything. To be honest - and I am being serious here - the process for me to get the COE with the Elite Visa was extremely simple. Elite Visa in Bangkok produced the letter from the Ministry of Foregin Affairs. With that letter, I simply uploaded it to the website in Los Angeles, along with copies of my insurance (I guess I am lucky here in that my insurance in the United States covers me in Thailand and issued a letter to that effect - for COVID I am talking about), copy of plane ticket, and the hotel reservation. Dad got his new visa and approval. My husband got his and we were on our way. Thai consulate representatives were at the airport to meet us and make sure we had everything. They even gave my husband (and the other Thais) a goodie bag of pork and sticky rice. We both enjoyed that on the plane! It was uneventful checking in at Los Angeles. The flight to Korea was long and boring, as could be expected. Transfer in Korea was smooth. They didn't even check our documents again - I was ready though! Then, arrival in Bangkok was smooth going - It helps having dad with us because he is in a wheelchair - we seem to go to the front of the line everywhere. Dropped us off at the hotel eventually. 14 days and three negative covid tests later we were on our way to Khon Kaen where we have been loving life again for the past two months. I will say that this is the time to come back - they have streamlined this process. I think it is much easier to get approval to come back than it was in the early days - at least if you have everything together. The quarantine is not fun - but it is what it is I guess. My husband and I MAY need to go back to the States again next summer for a month - if the process is the same as it is now, we will have no issues - but I hope the world is in a much better state by then so we can avoid the quarantine!

Cheers -

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (December 3rd, 2020), christianpfc (December 3rd, 2020)