Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ben & Lek "Gay friendly guesthouse?"

Liked

Ben & Lek "Gay friendly guesthouse?"

Greetings,
    Have booked a 30d stay in Ben & Lek Pattaya. A lot for the price, 60 M2 suite, pool etc. Walking distance from Sunee and so on. But wondering how "Gay and Friendly" it actually is. Would be grateful of any info from somebody who's been staying there recently.

Thank You..

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Ben & Lek "Gay friendly guesthouse?"

I live in Pattaya many years never heard of it, on the map doesn’t seem particularly close to Sunee, Boystown or Jomtien Complex. https://www.benlekghouse.com/en-us
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

As MFAS points out the location is far from Sunee and way off any baht bus routes, so be prepared to spend plenty on Mocy taxis... for a 30 day stay that could build up to a significant outlay.

The rooms look pretty awful and the "swimming pool" looks more like large plunge pool. With a name like "Ben and Lek" I'm guessing its run by a farang and his Thai GF, which would lead me to suspect that it might not be all that gay friendly, unless Mr.Ben and his friends are open minded. I also think that your potential Thai joiners may not be impressed by your lodgings, which may lead to a less than stellar performance.

Not sure what rate they are charging or whether your reservation is refundable, but you would be better off staying somewhere closer to the action and if budget is an issue maybe try Yensabai Condo?
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (October 19th, 2019), Jellybean (October 20th, 2019)

Liked

Thanks,
    Not the replies I was hoping for BUT: The distance to S is not too bad. Acc. to Google, walking abt. 10 min. And intend to rent a bike as I use to do. So need a M-taxi only occasionally, few times a week. As I am an "OldFool," I'm going to try this anyway. Have had rented condos for last 10 years or so, and they come almost always with some sort of disappointments. So was thinking I do something different this time. A bit strange however, that a questhouse with "Gay Frienly" on their name should NOT be gay friendly.. Will find out in few weeks time..

6. User who gave Like to post:

francois (October 21st, 2019)

Liked

All the "Leks" I know are male so maybe a farang and his gay bf?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    All the "Leks" I know are male so maybe a farang and his gay bf?
    My Thai boyfriend used to work with a "Lek" in Bangkok. She was definitely a "she".

9. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (October 21st, 2019)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by OldFool View Post
    Thanks,
    Not the replies I was hoping for BUT: The distance to S is not too bad. Acc. to Google, walking abt. 10 min. And intend to rent a bike as I use to do. So need a M-taxi only occasionally, few times a week. As I am an "OldFool," I'm going to try this anyway. Have had rented condos for last 10 years or so, and they come almost always with some sort of disappointments. So was thinking I do something different this time. A bit strange however, that a questhouse with "Gay Frienly" on their name should NOT be gay friendly.. Will find out in few weeks time..
    The fucking place says “gay friendly”.....what else do you want? If it makes you happier bring and rainbow flag and hang it out your window. As they state their rates are in the 300 baht range hopefully you’ll have a window!
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

11. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (October 20th, 2019), christianpfc (October 21st, 2019), Smiles (October 20th, 2019)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post
    With a name like "Ben and Lek" I'm guessing its run by a farang and his Thai GF, which would lead me to suspect that it might not be all that gay friendly, unless Mr.Ben and his friends are open minded.
    I somehow missed the "gay friendly" text that is so prominent on their website and Booking/com/Agoda etc.
    So sounds like you will have no problem with joiners

However my google maps shows it as 1.5km/18 min walk to Sunee, so its definitely not what I would term convenient!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Seems very odd to make the booking first, based on information on their website alone(of course everything on their website must be true), and only then check around for third party information. Anyway fingers crossed and I hope it works out for you.

14. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (October 21st, 2019)

Liked

I'd throw Ben&Lek to the sidewalk. Some of the beds there have a distinct 'u' shape in the middle. TV is at least 25 years old. Lots of better-looking joints closer to your target ... for an Old Fool. The best place on the map is Cafe des Amis.
    Over the years Colmx has always shown a lot of balls when posting. And MFAS doesn't mince words either: " ...The fucking place says “gay friendly” ..."
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

16. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (October 21st, 2019)