Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
Certainly a possibility, although he did not seem especially old to us. Trip-adviser has a few bad reviews from last summer specifically mentioning the manager. Before he came up to our table about 3 years ago, none of us had had any problem with him, even though we'd heard him and his pals drinking and loudly chatting at his table. I had been impressed that quite a number of French nationals went to the restaurant. The only meal my friends and I did not enjoy was a special Christmas dinner when the turkey was some rolled up processed nonsense. Apart from that, we enjoyed the other meals there. Then came the homophobic rant of ridiculous drunken proportions. If he has disappeared, I would consider going again. If not, I will not go near the place.
Please, I did like this place for the reasonably priced quality food and service, and it is convenient to Soi 4 where a friend is part owner of a bar. I am with Foutainhall in that if the gay friendly son is now running the place I would return, but will not go if the same owner is there. We will be back in Bangkok in September for two weeks before going to Chiang Mai. So is there any way someone can definitively check this place out and find out if there is a new owner?