Will be arriving in Bkk late Wednesday night, staying for a few days before going on to Pattaya for 2 weeks. Arriving about 12 midnight. Probably in hotel around 1:30 AM Thursday.

I get sleep on the plane so always want to do something after arriving.

First time in Bkk a few years ago, stayed at the Pinnacle, asked the taxi outside to take me to a Surawong Road bar which I had read about, but after driving around about 10 minutes, said he could not find it, then took me to a bar where I was the only customer they told me the off fee was 2500 baht. It was the only bar in that area as far as I could tell and had no idea where I was. I said no way, then he took me to a bar inside a parking garage in a residential area some distance away. It was inside an unmarked door. Had absolutely no idea where I was. Many dancers there, very interesting, and I was the only customer.

But being a bit nervous at that point, since I had no idea where I was and the first time there, I quickly paid for the drink and said take me back to the hotel immediately. Instead, he suddenly remembered where Duangthawee Plaza was, and took me there. Needless to say, that is not going to happen again.

This time will be staying at the Unico Grande Sathorn. Would be nice to find a club or show late at night. Am not familiar with the current club closing times. Or would be better to just wait until the next evening?