Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good late night food in BKK

Liked

Good late night food in BKK

Where are the places that serve good food, that you particularly enjoy, near the bars in BKK after midnight? If the best places are not near the bars then still let me know anyway......there is always a taxi......
    Thanks for your help!

Try The Malaysia Hotel coffee shop. It's only 40 baht in a taxi from Silom, the food is great and inexpensive.
    Lots of available boys around the hotel carpark too.

or just walk out of Soi 2 (i assume) onto Silom Rd. plenty of good food there on the street, and lots of passing trade to watch while u eat.

Liked

Chinatown

Hi, Yaowarat (China) has the best Thai-Chinese / Chinese food.

Choose from hot noodles, grilled seafood, porridges and sweet desserts to fruits like durians, fruits in seasons and charcoal-toasted bread/toast.

Just 5-10 mins from Silom by taxi, and you can easily find food till past 2AM.

Not something to write home about, but decent generic thai fare is served in the row of hawkers just outside the Montien Hotel facing Surawong road. Further down, along the small soi that leads to the Rose hotel, there is a seafood restaurant that serves reasonably priced seafood (depends on what you order) which is close (but not on par) with Somboon seafood for some dishes.

There are some well-kept secret places that are almost 24-hours. The 2nd floor coffee shop of the now renamed Unico Grande Silom hotel just past Silom Soi 9 dishes out a fantastically decadent portion of fried basil/chilli roast pork on rice, or your western fare from the a la carte menu. If I am not wrong, after midnight the restaurant in Tarntawan Place Hotel still serve food - check with them as I have not tried it in more than 2 years.

Liked

Bug & Bee

I love going to Bug & Bee Restaurant (18 Silom Road, BKK) after a night of clubbing and/or bar hopping. The food is pretty good and eclectic. Also, there is plenty of eye candy coming to see while you dine.

Bug & Bee on YouTube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8PkQ8bfh9Y
    Keep your Twinkie in the wrapper or your cream may cause trouble.

Liked

hmmmmmm late night mushroom soup

[color=#0000BF]why you no risson[/color]

Liked

Re: hmmmmmm late night mushroom soup

Quote Originally Posted by giggsy
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sEaskAQJ_oI
    hahaha, "...the dirty bastards!"

By the way, thanks for all the suggestions. It was what I was looking for.

Liked

street food

I make it a point to never eat from street vendors. It is a personal choice as I have some tummy problems on going, but in October I was walking on the soi leading to Suriwang hotel and Jupiter. It was in the afternoon and there were at least 100 Thais eating with great gusto from the sidewalk vendors. I don't eat from these folks, but I almost waivered as everyone seemed to be having such a good time eating and chatting with their friends.

I eat from street vendors often, both in Bkk and out in the countryside. The only time i have had a really bad reaction to the food here was after eating in a mexican fast food reataurant. At least with the street vendors you can see how clean the food preparation areas are. If you the kitchen in some restaurants you would rather eat from street vendors!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Sanitation at streetside eateries

Quote Originally Posted by dave_syd
    If you [saw] the kitchen in some restaurants you would rather eat from street vendors!
    That's true in a surprising number of restaurants most anywhere in the world.

It isnтАЩt only the food handling and storage that can be a problem for some digestive systems тАУ the dishwashing technique can be inconsistent, which can cause its own problems.

This was at Chatuchak market one afternoon, and itтАЩs certainly not unusual тАУ just the first image I came to when I went looking for one as an example:

This one was taken in June in Pattaya at a small sidewalk eatery near my hotel. In addition to answering тАЬhow do they clean the dishes thereтАЭ (rinsed with water at a simple sidewalk spigot, no soap involved) it also answers the age-old question тАЬboxers or briefsтАЭ :cheers: