Have been looking at some gay venues from Chiang Mai on the new Google streetview (sad i know...)

Have to say Club One Seven comes out of it badly, from an architectural point of view.

When I read about Club One Seven opening in Chiang Mai I looked up the site on Mapjack. I saw that where they were going to build it was the site of a little hotel already, called the River Ping Palace.

I thought it looked rather quaint and charming ( from the outside anyway). I remember thinking "I hope they dont change much of it"...

Here is a screen grab from Mapjack, from roughly 2008:

[attachment=1:2jzmik6o]Old Club One seven.PNG[/attachment:2jzmik6o]

So then I looked at the new pics from Google Streetview

They have built up a big wall about seven foot high, cleared away all the vegetation...not very nice I thought to myself...

Then I looked closer and realised they had topped this off with a big cylindrical ball of razor wire!

l[attachment=0:2jzmik6o]New club one Seven.PNG[/attachment:2jzmik6o]

Looks like bloody Alcatraz!
Is this quite necessary I wonder. It is in south Chiang Mai after all, not South Central LA

It would certainly put me off staying there. Heading off on a day tour from there, i would feel like I was out on day release.

Has any body else been looking on Google Streetview and noticed any surprises, good or bad?