As I start reserving my hotel rooms as well as researching travel costs I have noticed that everything has gone up in Thailand since last year. The rooms have gone up a few hundred Baht a night, I hear the bars have gone up in price and that got me to thinking.... But first, let me walk you through my thought process to avoid any message board attacks.

When I looked at Babylon's room rates, I noticed the prices went up and I wondered how many average Thai guys would be willing to pay the rate asked there. I booked my Condo in Pattaya and there the daily rate went up a few hundred baht. It even looked a if some of the guys who advertise their massage services have gone up in price. Everything is going up and wages are still flat.

I began to wonder.... At the rate drink prices and hotel rooms are going up, what will the price be in 5 years? Will drinks be 600 or 800 baht in a bar? Will the small rooms at Babylon be going for 2800 Baht a night? I am sure that the US Dollar will be hurting for value making the baht something expensive to buy.

But still... The average tourist will be able to withstand the higher prices but what of the average Thai? Are we tourist driving up the prices to the point that we will create hardship for the average Thai citizen?

Is Thailand headed for a hard fall when the tourist money dries up?

Is anyone in the Thai Government worried about the rate of inflation?

Am I just thinking too much?