Just for those who may be interested, The Tarntawan hotel is currently running a room promotion, they normally do something of this nature between now and October.

Last year it was a 'summer special" with the rooms from Sun night to Thurs night at special rates(deluxe rooms reduced from Bt2700 to Bt2200 and Suriwong rooms from Bt3,000 to Bt2,500) with Fri/Sat rooms remaining at normal prices.

This year from May 1st, the promotion is a 3 night stay for the price of 2. Which suits the short time Bangkok visitors such as myself, as I usually only stay 2-3 days in Bangkok at the start and the end of my Thailand visits.

This works out at a very reasonable Bt1,800 average per night for a 3 night stay in a deluxe room as opposed to the normal Bt2,700, which isn't that far away from the likes of OmYims equivalent sized room at Bt1550. And a Suriwong room normally at Bt3,000 per night, now for 3 nights coming in at an average Bt2,000 per night.

Runs from May until October, I don't know if other hotels in the area like The Rose also do quiet season promotions, but if not, certainly makes The Tarntawan a bit more competitive.