Quote Originally Posted by pasiontop View Post
I find your experience very interesting. Taiwan is the place that I got the most messages online. Actually, too many messages that I couldn't keep up with them and the guys were very pushy. In contrast, I didn't enjoy much my visit to Soi13in (I'll talk more about it in the last post of this trip report). I visited the sauna on the Gay Pride day, but I found the guys to be so shy and slow. A big difference on how they behave on online apps. I think this is because they want "to save face"; they are afraid of being perceived as sluts. Taiwanese care a lot about what other people think of it.
My experiences were exactly the opposite. On short (one week) trips to Taiwan I was amazed at Soi13in, finally a sauna that is clean by my standards, has boys who are my type, and group activities in the dark rooms (still enough light to see what/whom you are doing) where everyone can at least have a grope.

Contrast to Thailand gay saunas: mostly in need of cleaning/maintenance, rarely a cute boy to be seen, general attitude "don't touch me!", pitch-black dark rooms (where you wouldn't recognize your father).

Those overwhelmingly positive experiences at Soi13in were a significant contribution to my decision to spend 3 months in Taipei in 2018 to study Chinese as main occupation (with a bit of travelling and gay stuff on the side). But then came the disappointment: activities in sauna didn't mean any of them was interested in me (in online dating), it was just culturally different from Thailand (you wouldn't have such group activities where everyone can have a grope and more in Thailand).

After going to Babylon Sauna for Songkran 2013, I now avoid gay venues (actually all places of entertainment) on holidays. Too crowded (shapely boys are scarce, you mostly rub your body against old, fat, sweaty bodies), waiting time, and most importantly, most people seem to be there for general entertainment, not sex; whereas I go for sex.

Anyway, when I go to a gay venue I'm looking for an experience that I can repeat every day, or at least every week, not just once per year.